Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CM Punk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If he thought an unfair dismissal, contract termination, full payment etc., but it looks like Punk has accepted his AEW faith and perhaps his own wrongness or wants to look appealing for WWE to come calling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Being reported across all the dirt sheets now that WWE have turned down the chance to sign Punk despite him wanting to go there, they decided that the negatives outweighed the positives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it's hilarious that they spent a few weeks dropping teases, had Punk briefing through his mouth piece that he was all set to come back, and I guess WWE have, at the last second, realized it was going to be a **** show and pulled out.

Shame. It would have been a car crash super quickly, but also super fascinating to watch.

This actually reflects bad on Punk really he was fired by AEW and went pretty much begging to go back to the WWE after everything he said about them and the WWE said nah we don't need you or the hassle you bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I bet it's more about money than anything behaviour related.

Punk probably wanted mega money and Endeavour control the purse strings now, the same Endeavour who pay UFC fighters fúck all. They wouldn't even cough up for a new deal for their heavyweight champion, Ngannou, who had beaten basically everyone. So I can't see them being too enthusiastic to splash out on old, injury-prone, problematic Punk.

Maybe top WWE talent wouldn't work with Punk, I'm thinking Seth, he didn't mince his words?

I would like to see Punk back in WWE even briefly for a WM match with Seth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Impact it is for Phil but he won't lower himself to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ah, WWE are right to not touch Punk. Am sure he would be alright to do business with at the start then the old Punk would come out. It's just a headache they don't need.

As I said on another thread here before, it doesn't matter how much money you can bring to a company, there's a point when you are simply not worth the hassle. That's Punk now. It's happened a million times in Hollywood and other forms of entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see he does the odd show for who ever next. Just out of ego. Since aew fired him and wwe doesn't want him he won't end his career with an aew match. Probably something like one match for MLW or something there other.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

would Japan not be perfect for him , he could do stints rather than full time less likely to fall out with people he doesnt see every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Japan fanboys frothing at the mouth right now at the suggestion Punk could hang over there. I don't think it's a runner.

I think had this been a WWE still stale under Vince, they would have taken the chance, but they're thriving right now. Why risk that on someone who is liable to throw a stick of dynamite at any given moment, and I say that as someone who is a big Punk fan.

I think Punk will be ok, as half of the reason I think he's happy to walk away from AEW without legal gripe is because he gets to keep the cash bag from Tony. Give it a few years and WWE might go there again for one last run, once he's healed body and mind.

The reports in the last few days is Vince was fully removed from creative two or so weeks ago by Endevour, who feel that was HHH's job, not Vince's. So he was told to butt out and leave it to Hunter.

I really don't think it's a coincidence the return to WWE broke down around the same time....

Road Dogg on CM Punk:

“Is his reputation damaged? That’s the question I would ask. His reputation in what? Wrestling? Come on, man! There’s so much more than wrestling. Does he have a reputation that he needs to protect? I don’t know. From everything we heard [about his time in AEW], he did come off as the negative actioner. But was he? Because we don’t really know what happened. We didn’t see and hear everything..."

(Oh You Didn't Know Podcast)

Just to add to Road Dogg saying no one really knows what happened, I see Jericho (aka Meltzer's source) is pedalling flat earther conspiracies on his podcast. This just reinforces for me that it is absolutely absurd for fans to take sides in something they have no idea about. Not the faintest.

Punk may be a locker room "cancer", but at least he's not an absolute **** idiot using his platform to pedal dangerous ideas. I see people online comparing Punk to Trump when Jericho is at that this type of ****, not to mention who he donates to, and not to mention what his wife does be up to.

Wrestling fans. Lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nothing new with Jericho there, wasn't his wife part of the Jan 6 riots in Washington. I remember him tweeting out some mental stuff around that time too.

This is...quite the tweet though for sure

Punk backstage at the impact tapings according to his go to dirt sheet guy.

• Advertisement

Good business for TNA but a fall from grace for Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KkomradeWarrior

I think now there will be a lot of fake news about his future. I'll just wait for the survival series, I think he'll be there.

In fairness, HausOfWrestling may as well be Punk himself talking. He’s gotten very close to Hausman and has blatently been feeding him info for months.

I doubt he'll go but if he does, Alvarez might be on the ball. Do a short run without hassle and to success, and WWE might take him for a final run down the line. Assuming Reigns will be gone and Rollins starts to wind down for acting, they'll need people with main event juice.

Fightful reporting tonight that Punk was paid $1m for is first UFC fight.

• Advertisement

Good but long and at times frustrating podcast about Punk in AEW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Husband and wife for the HOF now would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

He's signed a multi year deal. No way is he retiring now.

Rey is still active when in the WWE HOF

I wonder will we see AJ back too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Only my prediction but Punk will be back to his old tricks sooner than later and will be gone way before his contract ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A leopard never changes it spots

We should have a fun game to see who'll be closer to the date/month of when we see the first altercation involving Punk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If Punk is on a Lesnar type deal I don't think there'll be any issues tbh. Show up, do his thing, go home for a few months or so rinse and repeat.

If he's going to be going back on the road full time though, I agree I think it will be a matter of time. I just can't see either Punk or HHH agreeing to that sort of deal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Even after the aew stuff went down CM Punk merch was among the top sellers for a good few weeks. He's entertaining and as the old wrestling saying goes controversy creates cash. Looking forward to Raw tonight both for Punk and Randy.

Punk going back to the place that made him so ill and fired him on his wedding day to "be my guest! go ahead! leave, main event night 4 of a buy 1 get 1 free extravaganza who cares at the end of the day that just wrestling promo 101 and the majority of wrestlers always take the money.

However do I wonder will Phil Brook the man now and go and suck the blood money covered dick in saudi.

I also wonder did he walk up to William Regal and shake his hand this time after refusing to do it in AEW and apolgise for calling him HHH's stooge.

And I also wonder how Doctor Chris Amann who still works for the WWE feels having Phill Brooks there now after his civil court case againt Phil Brooks & Scott Colton.

I would have a good laugh if his WM main event is to look at the lights for the Miz.

• Advertisement

The BBC asked Tony Khan about Punk returning at War Games during his promo interview for All In 2024 this morning.

Tony smiled and said I'm not dodging or ducking the question, I just can't speak about it legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I admire even if they have/had new merch for Punk he came out in a plain white t-shirt,he will be a big draw if even just for the what the duck reaction for a while, it was an amazing surprise which how in the hell they managed to keep it hidden is just the showmanship of Hunter.

Pity no-one is talking about R Truth return hope he gets some screen time.

It was up on Shop WWE minutes after he appeared they were well prepared for him so impressive that it didn't get out sooner.

Let the sh1t begin now

He is looking good

I wonder will he feud with dangerous dirty Dom, a feud that began years ago 😁

I'd say Punk will open Raw tonight with hi Seth, hell has frozen over 😁

First time I'll tune into Raw live in forever. Him and Rollins' promos will be full of "shoot" stuff that will make my eyes roll but also go "Oooh" in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

They will probably tag team now and win the gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Pretty hilarious to think none of this happens if Jack Perry hadn’t acted all tough with his real glass cry me a river comment to the camera at Wembley

9 Years ago today this dropped.

Sad how things worked out between two best friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Based on the last 48 hours, including here on Boards, Triple H was bang on the money with his press conference comments…..

‘love him, hate him, positive, negative, whatever you want to say, people talk about him all the time’

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If they can appear together tonight I say they can. I say much of the frustration from most of the wrestlers (Drew?) was down to the fact that CM Punk was able just to walk out at the end to get his spot rather then the winners of the match. Now rather then talking about the matches it is all CM Punk and the rest is forgotten

• Advertisement

With Punk back

Could some AEW guys say 'nah **** that' if WWE come calling

Even if they hated him that much, if the money is right, and they're a big enough name (Moxley/Omega) they could just say "Whatever show he is on, put me on the other one."

Shouldn't the real fued be with Cody who in his final AEW promo explained why he was the man who actually did everything in Punks pipe bomb not Punk who just sat at home.

Cody has Shinsuke now

Punk vs. Seth is a WM money match imho, it's too soon to have them interact, face off yet

I'm not sure who Punk's first feud back should be on Raw, Miz who is now face, Drew, Gunther, Jey, Sami? There seems more on SD for him to feud with, is Punk a free agent or Raw solely?

Bryan Danielson headed up the disciplinary committee that ultimately decided to terminate CM Punk from AEW, Fightful Select has learned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement