Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mikey13 wrote: »
    There's a lot of fake AJ tweets being shown as confirmation he's done with WWE, Ive seen about 3 different 'deleted' tweets supposedly from AJ

Easy way to know is subscribe to her. You get a notice every time she tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

WWE have stopped following him on Twitter apparently.I'm leaning more and more towards this being a work now tbh.

Given that WWE still follows ex WWE and NXT wrestlers, I'm starting to lean towards a work.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Given that WWE still follows ex WWE and NXT wrestlers, I'm starting to lean towards a work.

Did they follow him to begin with? Doesnt seem like they follow everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

764dak wrote: »
    HHH and the other DX members interfered in a Michaels vs Undertaker match at the Ground Zero PPV in September 1997. Undertaker challenged Michaels to the first Hell in a Cell match at Badd Blood a month after and that messed up Michaels back which led to his retirement. Michaels then trained many wrestlers including Daniel Bryan. So if DX didn't interfere in that Ground Zero match match Daniel Bryan might not be a wrestler in the WWE right now.

What has any of that got to do with my post that you highlighted?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Did they follow him to begin with? Doesnt seem like they follow everyone.

I think they did follow him because the people who noticed it seem to think its proof that Punk is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Meh.

The biggest payday of the year is coming up in two months. Not only that but the biggest Wrestlemania yet. So bigger $$$ and Punk still has 6 months left on his contract.

Personally, it sounds like Punk is just working to get a bigger payday. He may be genuinely pissed off. He may very well have zero intention to resign and if that is the case WWE would be slowing down the C.M. Punk train right about now and that certainely would effect a big 'mania payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Wrestlezone.com is reporting that Punk left because he didnt see a match against HHH at wrestlemania as a big enough match and they are also claiming that Vince and Hunter are disagreing on weather to bring him back. Hunter doesnt want Punk back (suprise,suprise) but Vince does and Vince is dealing with the incident and will make the final decision

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm starting to think that as of the Royal Rumble this past Sunday, we've legitimately seen the last of CM Punk in the WWE

(I do hope i'm wrong though)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

When asked on Twitter if he would follow Punk by leaving Ziggler responded by saying hes got a year left..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

At this point you have to wonder about the possibility of Punk's action instigating a mutiny of sorts - if Ziggler followed, you'd have to wonder who else might follow suit.

Interesting time for wrestling if this isn't a work.

• Advertisement

mikey13 wrote: »
    When asked on Twitter if he would follow Punk by leaving Ziggler responded by saying hes got a year left..

The thing is there is no where that can pay them the kind of money they would want. TNA is fecked, NJPW has enough Gaijin working for them at the moment.

I just can't see these guys going to the Indes.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it's all a work to get people interested coming up to WrestleMaina 30.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF it's a work (and I'll be honest, I still don't think it is), then I think it's a stupid one.

Something like this can destroy trust between fans and a promotion, and while I get why they want to try and push "realism", it would, to me, make me doubt pretty much everything like this hence forth. Right now, WWE needs to try and lure the "older" generation back as they start their protests, and to me, trying to trick and work them is the right wrong way to do that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that as of the Royal Rumble this past Sunday, we've legitimately seen the last of CM Punk in the WWE

(I do hope i'm wrong though)

They all come back eventually,be it for money,ego or both.Even Bret and Warrior have came back.

If this isn't a work Punk will be back in a year or two.Hopefully he'll have shaved those poxy sideburns by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They all come back eventually,be it for money,ego or both.Even Bret and Warrior have came back.

If this isn't a work Punk will be back in a year or two.Hopefully he'll have shaved those poxy sideburns by then.

SimpsonsMrBurns.jpg

The WWE is the only Game(pun intented) in town and they know it. If the alienate some of the hardcore internet fans so be it that's not where they make their money anyway all it does is keep them in the news and top of social media trends which is what they seem to want these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That is where they'll make their money when the network launches though. I can't imagine too many parents buying the network for their kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I can understand why people would think it's a work because they've been conditioned to be skeptical of pretty much everything, but I haven't even considered it for a second. I don't really see the upside of it, making themselves look bad for a few weeks and then proving to an already skeptical fanbase that they're right to not fully believe anything they hear about the company.

What are the positives of working this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

If this is a work, and I hope it is,
    Is it not going along the same lines of Mr Henry?
    Just in terms of it being widely advertised(and so quickly) across the Universe that MH was going to retire, then we get fooled.
    Think were reading too much into it
    1010500_598213633530955_568094439_n.jpg

Colour me a little skeptical that the WWE is getting press on major news stations, just weeks WWE will launch its own network, a major step for the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Who was the Dicky Gray guy that was quoted? I've legit never heard of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

He gave a different version of the Beadle/AJ/Punk thing that was absolute BS, so I wouldn't put much into what he says.

He runs wrestling world news or wrestling news world I think thats him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

beakerjoe wrote: »
    SimpsonsMrBurns.jpg

Mr. Burns greatest episode imo

At this point you have to wonder about the possibility of Punk's action instigating a mutiny of sorts - if Ziggler followed, you'd have to wonder who else might follow suit.

Interesting time for wrestling if this isn't a work.

Ziggler would just be laughed at. He is nowhere close to being a big enough name for a walk out to mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

What has any of that got to do with my post that you highlighted?

HHH was somewhat indirectly involved with Bryan being in the WWE in the first place.

764dak wrote: »
    HHH was somewhat indirectly involved with Bryan being in the WWE in the first place.

You are taking a huge leap with that now. You're story was kind of saying Bryan wouldn't be a wrestler at all if it wasn't for HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

You are taking a huge leap with that now. You're story was kind of saying Bryan wouldn't be a wrestler at all if it wasn't for HHH.

I think that's the joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Reports of lots of CM Punk chants from the increasingly smarky NXT crowd at the NXT taping tonight.

I think that's the joke

I hope it's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Ziggler would just be laughed at. He is nowhere close to being a big enough name for a walk out to mean anything.

On his own, no. As part of a larger group though...

Ziggler got a massive pop at the Rumble. He's massively over with the same group Punk is.

Not saying a massive walkout is in anyway likely. Just that I wouldn't underestimate how big an impact a small exodus of certain talents would have with key demographs.

Advertisement