Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

29zx5li.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The ****s, showing their support for someone and voicing their annoyances with the product. :P

Can't wait for Raw now. Can imagine dueling Punk/Bryan chants. Where is it this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Seems to have been a smarky invasion at WWE tapings of late with the Bryan/Rumble stuff and now this.Getting more and more acceptable for grown men to act like spoilt children and hijack shows with their annoying chants when their favourite is perceived to have been slighted.

Seems to have been a smarky invasion at WWE tapings of late with the Bryan/Rumble stuff and now this.Getting more and more acceptable for grown men to act like spoilt children and hijack shows with their annoying chants when their favourite is perceived to have been slighted.

Valid point but NXT is a different case. They have been trending this way for awhile as they are over familar with the product rather than angry about it and it is mainly hipster-y students.

Hope The Shield are brought in the next set of tapings to eject audience members. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I think it was Wade Keller who said ages back that the real point where John Cena's position at the top is when the older audience stops hating him and starts getting bored instead. It's been a long time coming.

This is basically their primary punishment for switching to three hours too.

• Advertisement

TNA in the rare auld times:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

XYlQIgI.png

Hot dang.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wonder what the company will be like when HHH is in full control. Him and Vince 'at odds' over the whole thing.

Anyways, brilliant piece by JR on the Punk situation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wonder what the company will be like when HHH is in full control. Him and Vince 'at odds' over the whole thing.

Anyways, brilliant piece by JR on the Punk situation.

Good piece and if anyone still thinks this is one big work have a read. It really sums up well what is happening with Punk mentally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loughc wrote: »
    Good piece and if anyone still thinks this is one big work have a read. It really sums up well what is happening with Punk mentally.

Don't need to read JR opinion tbh. Most wouldn't think it is a work, just that in wrestling it's safe to assume it could be.

Punk took a break before so it's not hard to believe he would do so again.

The stuff about Triple H thinks this, Vince thinks that, AJ is only contact between WWE and Punk etc is the soap opera type stuff that make it sound like it ocould be a work, maybe that stuff is getting made up to add to the actual story that to get hits.

I don't know what is worth believing right now which is the point I was trying to make before.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A.J Lee confirmed in a tweet that CM Punk has indeed left WWE, said tweet was quickly deleted, but it's circulated on Twitter

BfK9kOEIQAAv2xU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    A.J Lee confirmed in a tweet that CM Punk has indeed left WWE, said tweet was quickly deleted, but it's circulated on Twitter

BfK9kOEIQAAv2xU.jpg

That's more than 140 characters. I'd guess it's fake for now. Have heard that people have been circulating fake tweets by AJ and Punk the last few days, claiming the tweets were deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

why is there a delete option on that "tweet" ? is AJ supposed to be taking screen shots of her own tweets now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's nae verified either lads. Hopefully ye don't get tricked by the wrong wallet inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's fake. I'm subscribed to her and have gotten no notifications since Monday, before this came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She DM'ed me late last night :eek: To say it was a fake and not to worry she won't get any heat for Punk walking out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Also WWE have not sent me and email telling me to remove Punk from our sites! This is first port of call when someone is gone, Daniel Bryans one came in the very next day after the tie choking incident. Also the Kaitlyn notification happened within minutes of the announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Also WWE have not sent me and email telling me to remove Punk from our sites! This is first port of call when someone is gone, Daniel Bryans one came in the very next day after the tie choking incident. Also the Kaitlyn notification happened within minutes of the announcement!

Source? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dana Talks. 37 mins on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I imagine that means that Vince is trying to convince him. If they can get him back on board, they should definitely turn it into an angle and gave him return at Chicago raw in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

From the sounds of things Vince and Punk do seem to have a decent understanding with each other. I vaguely recollect reading a Punk interview recently where he said they're bough insomniacs, and will ring each other no problem in the middle of the night.

How many can say they have Vince's ear like that? So I'm sure Vince really isn't giving up the ghost.

CM Punk going on hiatus til whenver Monday Night Raw hits Chicago,

*Imagine John Cena in the ring (BEING BOOED FROM THE RAFTERS), blabbing on about whatever the hell Cena rambles on about, then boom Cult Of Personality starts playing, have the crowd wait a 1:30 then Punk just casually walks out sending the Chicago crowd nuts a la Money In The Bank 2011

WWE has removed C.M. Punk from the WrestleMania Axxess lineup. Fans who purchased tickets for his April 5 VIP autograph session were emailed and informed that Ric Flair would be replacing Punk. Fans who purchased tickets to meet Punk now have the option of taking a refund, exchanging their ticket for one of the other VIP sessions, or attending the session with Flair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Will Ric Flairs have an open bar & will he share it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    WWE has removed C.M. Punk from the WrestleMania Axxess lineup. Fans who purchased tickets for his April 5 VIP autograph session were emailed and informed that Ric Flair would be replacing Punk. Fans who purchased tickets to meet Punk now have the option of taking a refund, exchanging their ticket for one of the other VIP sessions, or attending the session with Flair.
    This would be going a tad to far for it to be a work (atm at least) imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nody wrote: »
    This would be going a tad to far for it to be a work (atm at least) imo..

A tad? I reckon Punk is one of the top attractions for those events. Could lose a lot of interest with him being removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Wweshop.com having a weekend sale and a few Punk items in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If it was a work it would be great if it was the start of the rumoured hhh vs vince angle and vince reveled punk as his guy againist hhh at mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I hope it's a joke.

It was a joke.

Advertisement