Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Pop-up

Options
  • 29-01-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking at this thread, and clicked on the link the below "site survey" came up on this site (but not on the site I had opened in another tab).

291255.JPG

Now, it may be my browser, and I may not have noticed it as I've ad-block enabled on all sited bar baords.ie but I don't download shyte onto this machine (work machine) so I doubt it's that. Using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76m on W7 Enterprise. It disappeared after maybe 20 seconds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hi there,

I'm afraid we're not able to replicate this problem at all in the office. It looks like the standard malicious adware has made its way into your computer. I know you're careful and don't download shíte, but sometimes these things do manage to get their way in.

We recommend using MSE http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download and http://www.malwarebytes.org/ to scan and clean up any potential malware on your machine. May also be no harm to double check what Chrome extensions you have installed.

At Boards we would never serve anything that dodgy looking and all our ads are quality checked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement