Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Log out every time on iPad

• 29-01-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this: every time I close a browser on my iPad, it seems that I am logging out of boards. Until today it was no problem - logged in all the time, even if restarting after it being turned off.

I don't believe I've changed any settings or anything.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

There's an option you can tick to keep logged in when your logging in. Maybe this got unticked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

This is a kinda similar to aproblem I've been having lately on my home PC (Windas 7-Mozilla).
    If I'm composing a lengthy reply to a Post,it all goes fine until I finish and hit the "Submit Reply" button only to find I'm presented with a blank un-logged into page...AHHHHH...GRRrrrrr etc etc.

What I now have to do is select and save the content and start the reply process over again.

I guess what I'm asking is whether there is a Timed element on the Logged in State ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

No, it's ticked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from Helpdesk. I don't believe this is a boards.ie specific issue, so maybe the Apple forum can advise better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Are you useing private browsing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The top and bottom of safari will be dark if you have private browsing enabled. They are white normally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've noticed something similar myself.
    I thought my iphone and ipad were logging me out recently but I think the issue is actually going from one to the other.
    I'm on my ipad now, so if I go to browse boards later on my phone I'll need to log in again. Then when I return to the ipad, I'll be required to log in again on that too. But if I don't come on boards on my iphone all day, I'll remain logged in on the ipad.
    Afaik this is only a recent thing I've noticed, as I've been able to browse on multiple devices before.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This exact same issue is happening to me also :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Happens me too. Very annoying. And what really bugs me is when I log in on my phone it says "unable to sign in" then brings me to another log in page and let's me sign in using the exact same credentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Spear wrote: »
    Moved from Helpdesk. I don't believe this is a boards.ie specific issue, so maybe the Apple forum can advise better.

Yet Spear,I'm having the zact same issue on my PC...even with the stay logged in box ticked...any half long response will be greeted with the log-in screen when I try to send it !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Yet Spear,I'm having the zact same issue on my PC...even with the stay logged in box ticked...any half long response will be greeted with the log-in screen when I try to send it !!!

Ok - all a bit weird - I had the same problem before (on a couple of devices) - can suggest that anyone with this issue, delete the boards.ie cookies, log back in and try for a few days and see what happens...

On an iOS Device -
    1. Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data.
    2. Click on "Show All Sites" (at the end of the list)
    3. Click on "Edit" (top right)
    4. Find the entry for 'boards.ie'
    5. Click on the red circle, the 'Delete'

Paddy

PS @boards.ie devs - I _think_ there is an intermittent problem where the cookie has timed out, but isn't being removed - so when you log back in, you still have the timed out cookie - hence when you go back the next day you're logged out again.....

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The devs won't see it in here Paddy, can you post in Site Dev if it's not already there please? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

The devs won't see it in here Paddy, can you post in Site Dev if it's not already there please? Thanks :)

Done.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89099811#post89099811

Advertisement