Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Smackdown spoilers for 31st January 2014

• 29-01-2014 10:46am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭

January 28, 2014
    WWE smackdownSource: Rajah.com

WWE Smackdown
    Jan. 31, 2014

-The show opens with clips from Raw, specifically the Wyatt Family interfering in the main event and causing a disqualification finish. The Shield comes out to the ring and Dean Ambrose gets a mic. He says the Elimination Chamber was made for The Shield, and if they were in that match next month one of them would be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He says Reigns set a record at the Royal Rumble and it doesn't matter to him if he eliminated the other Shield members to do it. Their focus is now on the Wyatt Family, who screwed them out of becoming champions. Triple H comes down and tells them to forget about the Wyatts – Reigns cuts him off and says he doesn't need their approval. The Game asks the fans if they want to see the two teams collide at the next PPV, and he makes the match official.

(1) Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
    Antonio Cesaro def. Dolph Ziggler

(2) Fandango def. Xavier Woods. Woods had the whole pack with him, which included R-Truth, Cameron and Naomi.

(3) Ryback & Curt Axel def. Prime Time Players

-Titus O'Neil left Darren Young for dead in the middle of the match. After, he says Darren Young is dead weight and he's tired of being a loser, and wants to be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He attacks Young and leaves him laying in the middle of the ring.

(4) Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
    Christian def. Jack Swagger

(5) Kofi Kingston def. Damien Sandow

-Christian talks to Renee Young backstage about being back and winning the Elimination Chamber.

(6) Cody Rhodes def. Road Dogg. After the match the Outlaws brawled with Rhodes and Goldust, with the former champions standing tall.

(7) The Shield def. Sheamus, Daniel Bryan & Rey Mysterio

From a story point of view, happy to see Christian and Cesaro in the Chamber match, and very happy to see Titus break away from Young.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I can already picture Christian searching the arena & pointing at the WrestleMania sign.
    Nice to see Cesaro included. Del Rio must be doing ceiling staring duties to Batista at EC now.
    Btw who's coffee did Sandow piss in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

And I can picture Christian pointing at the sign on Raw and Brock coming down and destroying him and once again taking Christian off TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I would love that. Christian has no business in that chamber match. Cesaro is a lovely suprise I must say. Glad they're pulling the trigger on Shield vs Wyatts, get Reigns over even more.... Someone's getting speared through a pod.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    I would love that. Christian has no business in that chamber match. Cesaro is a lovely suprise I must say. Glad they're pulling the trigger on Shield vs Wyatts, get Reigns over even more.... Someone's getting speared through a pod.

Was it confirmed to be in a EC match? I thought it was a regular 6 man tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Loughc wrote: »
    Was it confirmed to be in a EC match? I thought it was a regular 6 man tag.

Sorry it wasn't. I'm just being a fantasy booker!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jamc wrote: »
    And I can picture Christian pointing at the sign on Raw and Brock coming down and destroying him and once again taking Christian off TV.

Bryan Alvarez heavily hinted this is the plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cesaro in the EC match? nice one, that guy should be in much bigger feuds, he has to be one of if not the strongest guys on the roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Very pleased to see Cesaro being given a chance in the Chamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah no have Lesnar take out one of the other participants if he wants in, him feuding with Cesaro would be good and I would love to see Cesaro swing Lesnar :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Very pleased to see Cesaro being given a chance in the Chamber.

He's always good to watch, I showed a non wrestling fan friend the massive suplex he hit Kofi with that time from the ring apron and they couldn't get over how strong he was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wish I could say this is the start of a potential push for Cesaro, but realistically I imagine he'll be sticking with Swagger for a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Oh Jesus yes cesaro. Him and Bryan to start the chamber match please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No AJ again? :(

Cesaro and Christian are odd choices. Can see one of them being taken out by Lesnar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given she's going out with Punk, wonder if his current walk-out will affect her?

Angron wrote: »
    I wish I could say this is the start of a potential push for Cesaro, but realistically I imagine he'll be sticking with Swagger for a while longer.

They're starting to tease a split now I think.

Swagger gets jealous and turns on Cesaro is probably how it'll go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They're starting to tease a split now I think.

Swagger gets jealous and turns on Cesaro is probably how it'll go.
    Shh, you'll get my hopes up :pac:

Then i`ll be screaming fucking punch him in the face he can`t take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Given she's going out with Punk, wonder if his current walk-out will affect her?

Say she could easily follow. Although she has the strap she is playing 2nd fiddle to the Total Divas, and if they look for her to job to random celeb like Maria Mentos at Mania, it could well be the tipping point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brock better be in the Chamber. I was loving the idea of him coming out of the pod last and just beating the hell out of everybody. There would be some pop for him just throwing guys left and right.

Shame they didn't do more with the PTP. I thought they had more potential to get over as a babyface team. I think this is good news for Titus and bad news for Derren.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brock in the chamber would be great. If he is facing Taker at mania maybe his current rampage will see taker return

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Brock in the chamber would be great. If he is facing Taker at mania maybe his current rampage will see taker return

I'd rather he wasn't to be honest. If he got DQ'd in it I would be pissed & I wouldn't have him get beaten either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

He could smash his way out of the pod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Think turning Titus is a mistake,he just seems like a natural face to me.Reminds me of Terry Crews.

He'll just end up as a bland Ezekiel Jackson like heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Reminds me of Terry Crews.

Ah, now! That's a bit unfair. Terry Crews is a far superior wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

DM-ICE wrote: »

I doubt they would put Brock and Taker together. They need someone who will protect taker in the ring with him.

Enjoyable show I thought. Bar that bluh Diva match Raw repeat. Main event was good with a typically great final stretch, I will miss those from the Shield.
    Can't help but feel Titus is getting a mini push cause he is buds with Batista though.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Enjoyable show I thought. Bar that bluh Diva match Raw repeat. Main event was good with a typically great final stretch, I will miss those from the Shield.
    Can't help but feel Titus is getting a mini push cause he is buds with Batista though.

Prime Time Player are/were so cold as an act now compared to when Darren first turned gay :pac:.

Interesting interaction between Hunter and Roman on this show too. The obvious is made obviouser in terms of Roman's career trajectory.

I'd go so far as to say the main event is must see.

Ziggler calls this post-match promo as real as real can be on Twitter:
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/tom-phillips-interviews-dolph-ziggler-after-his-match-wwe-app-exclusive-jan-31-2-26179139

Yeah PTP ran they're course. Was sure they were going to have Darren admit that he's gay on tv there or at least acknowledge it by now. Cesaro looked good but I did eyeroll at Ziggler I dunno like corpsing in the swing. Christian goes to Jeff Jarretts barber now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

My favourite bit was Triple H telling The Shield to let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door. He didn't care what they were going to say, let the storm rage on. Then he turned the ring into a massive ice palace.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »

Interested in people's opinions on it. I don't want to prejudice people's opinion before they watch it so
    I've read people say it was the best promo since CM Punk's pipebomb promo and in terms of delivery and emotion Mick Foley's (ECW) stuff. But I am on the other end of scale who thinks it is simply a whiny, cringey in places Millennial promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

I thought it was alright until he started shouting then i couldn't take it seriously and he became pretty annoying,anybody who thinks that's the best promo since the pipebomb is out of their mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    Interested in people's opinions on it. I don't want to prejudice people's opinion before they watch it so
    I've read people say it was the best promo since CM Punk's pipebomb promo and in terms of delivery and emotion Mick Foley's (ECW) stuff. But I am on the other end of scale who thinks it is simply a whiny, cringey in places Millennial promo.

Thought it was very good myself and def think they should repeat it on Raw before whatever match they book him in, but he does during it mention that he says some of what he says a lot and imho it isn't the type of promo he can repeat too much without him just sounding whiney. Guess that could be a problem with Dolph in general or perhaps with those who write for him depending on your opinion but I think he is good on the Mic but not too mnay of his promos really stand out as being different

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Worked shoots are garbage. 'I outperform everyone', well you didnt outperform cesaro mate you just lost. Is everything on the show fake but what you say is real? Which is also fake.

WWE put Miz, Ziggler and Ryder together in a backstage promo after Raw this week.

Putting three people who they don't have plans individually together might not be the worst thing. Kind of what TNA did with Samoa Joe and Magnus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I liked it, proving he is well able to speak, do it coherently and not waffling on without saying anything like many do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It seems like to me seeing how punk was meant to lose to Cesaro on Raw that they're gonna give Ziggler a punishment in make him sound whiney and make a storyline out of it.

Kinda like how they couldn't punish Hall, Nash & HBK for the curtain call incendent so they punished HHH.

Now they can't punish Punk so Ziggler will get punished for speaking his mind outside the WWE like Punk.

They may set an example of Ziggler as a warning not to speak out against the current product.

I liked it. Think it came from the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprised the TOP promo went on so long with Darren bleeding.

And did they really need to show the divas match again?

Advertisement