Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden dog food for 8 month old?

• 29-01-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I have an 8 month old lab who is on the Gain 'Big Dogs Puppy' Elite range, he loves it and is doing great but I was reading about Eden dog food and it sounds great, although considerably more expensive €65 for 15 kg (when you consider shipping) vs the €40 for Gain. Would there much/any benefit in switching him? My girlfriend wouldn't like to be spending too much more on the food (we had him on RC since we got him and switched to Gain about a month ago).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Look at the feeding amounts as well; in general the higher quality foods recommend smaller portion which tends to help even out the price over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Is the Crude Protein amount something I need to be careful of with a growing dog? The Eden is 41%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

robocode wrote: »
    Is the Crude Protein amount something I need to be careful of with a growing dog? The Eden is 41%

The protein source is what it's important so don't get hung up on the percentages if it's a good quality food like Eden

Advertisement