Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New flood warning for this weekend

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

This will be very serious for people who are in flood risk areas in Galway, particularly Salthill and around the docks/Spanish Arch. Met Eireann seem to for some reason be downplaying the seriousness of this weather event because it isn't extreme winds.

I expect there to be much damage by this time tomorrow around the town. :(
    I'm going to help sandbag a friends house now!

Becoming very windy or stormy later tonight; southwest winds will increase to gale force with some severe gusts later in the night, especially across west and southwest counties. Saturday, will be very windy or stormy. Showers will be heavy and wintry with further falls of hail, sleet and snow. Any snow clearing early in the day. Southwest gales will be accompanied by some severe gusts - especially in the west and south, where there will be a continuing risk of coastal flooding due to extremely high seas and high spring tides.

What else do you want Met Eireann to do? :confused:
    As per usual, they get it spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Snow gone fom city centre and Balybrit now. (Was in the Clayton and missed it all!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thunder has arrived slightly behind schedule. Think we have now had every type of weather possible in the last eighteen hours except for that Twister thing that some Americans follow around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Webcam in salthill looks lively www.seapointleisure.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

So the high tide has come and gone at 6ish this morning. It was a very high tide but luckily the predicted high wind wasn't accompanying it. Businesses and houses around the river ( Long walk, claddagh, Dominick st, quay at) have gotten hammered with flood water again. I really feel sorry for those peeps. Costa coffee only opened yesterday and I think it got flooded this morning. Same again on this evenings tide and tomorrow morning tide at 06.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

paconnors wrote: »
    Webcam in salthill looks lively www.seapointleisure.ie

Looks like its down at the minute

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

4sJiQ.jpg

from the GCC twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^
    They should really unblock those drains! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Munster Avenue flooded this morning so avoid.

Advertisement