Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance quote with claim

Options
  • 29-01-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Been a while since i have dealth with insurance and claims so not up to date on industry polices anymore.

Mrs had a bang last year and her renewal came out at €2300approx. Claim was for 8k.

Anyway just wanted to know is anyone quoting for people with 1 claim in last 3yrs or is that still an automatic NO QTE?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I would have thought most insurers would have no problem quoting as it is a relatively low claim.

I presume that with a premium of that level she has lost what ever bonus she had worked up?

Even at that it seems very high if Im honest. What type of car is it, what type of licence does she have etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Renewals with the same insurer who've dealt with the claim are usually quite high.

Shop around and you'll most likely find more competitive quotes.

Advertisement