Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - O2 Dublin - October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Thanks a mil for the update Madias!
    Hopefully I'm gonna buy mine on Thursday.

81 EUR-87 including the booking fee, for the standing. That's the same money I paid last time.

and ticket bought!!!! Happy days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

Purchased two standing tickets yesterday in the 02 pre-sale!. I"m delighted, because I missed out on the Little Monsters.com pre-sale due to my dad not attempting hard enough!. But I got them at 9 a.m on the dot yesterday ,as I didn't have one of my mock exams until twelve, and I am so relieved because my payment details didn't process for ages!.

I"m a massive Little Monster, and saw her last back in 2012 at the Aviva! ( Was anyone else in the "Monster Pit"?, the atmosphere was incredible!. I"m so excited now to see her again!

I"m a massive Little Monster, and saw her last back in 2012 at the Aviva! ( Was anyone else in the "Monster Pit"?, the atmosphere was incredible!. I"m so excited now to see her again!

I was there, alright!!
    What an amazing show!!!

I can understand people being put off by her talking a lot, but for me it enhances the experience even more. Most of the things she says hit stright to my heart. . .

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I was there, alright!!
    What an amazing show!!!

I can understand people being put off by her talking a lot, but for me it enhances the experience even more. Most of the things she says hit stright to my heart. . .

It was brilliant!. I agree with you in regards to her talking!. She is so inspirational and bold when she talks, that I genuinely feel this deep sense of connection to her in so many ways!. It really does add to the whole dimension of the show though!.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

very surprised to see shes only doing one show and its still on sale ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

s8n wrote: »

Those prices in the o2 is why..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Mr.S wrote: »
    New album is meh. She played the Aviva for ridiculously amounts of money, and before that the many O2 shows, the buzz around her is gone. Hence the 1 date which hasn't sold out

Horses for courses I guess as I think the new album is amazing myself but do think the hype has gone abit alright.

She puts on an amazing show and is well worth it in my eyes.

This will be my fifth time seeing her.

Can't wait myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

s8n wrote: »

I'm not. She didn't sell out the Aviva last time, so i knew she wouldn't have many O2 dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Breedlove has confirmed that he is supporting act.

3 weeks and it'll all be over. Wonder if she will do one or two jazz numbers?!

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »

Fingers crossed! :D I love Cheek to Cheek!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Breedlove is great. If anyone hasn't heard him I recommend they listen to him. Especially 'I Never Had' and 'New York City Rooftop' as these are songs he's done with Chew Fu who he's about to release an EP with

Most likely not, cause of the nature of the show it would be difficult to add things to it. Unless she does something alone on the piano!!!
    Will make an attempt to get dressed - bot anything big, I did a bit of shopping and she how it goes.
    I live for the applause!!!!!!

Most likely not, cause of the nature of the show it would be difficult to add things to it. Unless she does something alone on the piano!!!
    Will make an attempt to get dressed - bot anything big, I did a bit of shopping and she how it goes.
    I live for the applause!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm going to bit more basic with the dressing up this time and will only queue for about 2 hours before doors open.

Yeah, I'm going to bit more basic with the dressing up this time and will only queue for about 2 hours before doors open.

same here, not sure if I will be able to queue at all, working on the day and can't take the day off.

But anyway, 3Arena is much smaller than Aviva and most likely there won't be a pit, so we should be ok.

same here, not sure if I will be able to queue at all, working on the day and can't take the day off.

But anyway, 3Arena is much smaller than Aviva and most likely there won't be a pit, so we should be ok.

Someone asked the 3Arena and apparently the full catwalks will be there so plenty of opportunities to be up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Going solo to this if anyone wants to meet up beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Those prices in the o2 is why..

I was just looking at the ticketmaster ticket options just there, it's saying that there's limited availability for certain seated blocks, Blocks L, M and N, which are more expensive than the standing tickets, and it's allowing selection of 50 standing tickets at a time.

Using the best available option, it's saying there's nothing in Blocks C, D or E and it's selecting Block F row 25 at 101 euros each, so there must be good amount of seats sold in the first tier of seats in Blocks A to G.

I would have thought the standing tickets would have sold quicker than the more pricey seats.

The tickets that are 39 euros or 54 euros, as far as I understand, are usually seats at the back of the second tier of seated blocks, for example at the corners of the very back rows of the balcony blocks, like Bocks H and P?

I wonder, were tickets in Blocks P and H even put on sale? Sometimes they partition off the seated blocks on the extreme left and right hand sides, with a screen that looks like a brick wall.

Does anyone know the story with using the O2 priority (still valid) to get in earlier into the venue. Anyone used it before?

On the ticket sales - I know she's not as popular as she was back during the Bad Romance time when she sold out 3 shows here easily, but I am a bit shocked she's still got a number of tickets to shift.

Does anyone know the story with using the O2 priority (still valid) to get in earlier into the venue. Anyone used it before?

On the ticket sales - I know she's not as popular as she was back during the Bad Romance time when she sold out 3 shows here easily, but I am a bit shocked she's still got a number of tickets to shift.

Dont get in early, you get moved to the first row of a que,if the o2(or3) angels spotted you, and its only like 50 people.. So you get in at the time gates open, like 10 seconds before the people behind you..

• Advertisement

Dont get in early, you get moved to the first row of a que,if the o2(or3) angels spotted you, and its only like 50 people.. So you get in at the time gates open, like 10 seconds before the people behind you..

Agh okay, so not really much point to it then? Thanks for the info :)

Agh okay, so not really much point to it then? Thanks for the info :)

From past experience not really.. Bestbet is just head down early if you want to be near the front :)

From past experience not really.. Bestbet is just head down early if you want to be near the front :)

I was there at 4am the last time, this time it'll be more 4pm ha ha. If she brings her full catwalk stage, there will be plenty opportunity to be up at the front near her, and even under her :D

according to the MCD website:

Doors 6:30
    Breedlove 7:30
    Lady Starlight 7:50
    Lady Gaga 8:30pm
    2 hrs 5 mins approximate show length

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Getting closer!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is there any particular reason to head in before 8.30? Does Lady Starlight have anything that adds to the show in particular?

Is there any particular reason to head in before 8.30? Does Lady Starlight have anything that adds to the show in particular?

well, she is good, but in fairness she doesn't offer that much to the whole thing.
    And she will probably be playing for 20 minutes at most.
    I am gonna head myself around 18:30, be there for around when doors open, get into the buzz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Great show last night. Would definitely go see her again.

Tristram wrote: »
    Great show last night. Would definitely go see her again.

It was amazing! I got so close to her again and it was so intimate! Much more so then the gig at Aviva!. I might sound a tad irrational but I was so disappointed I didn't get to meet her yet again and I'm on a low now!. Do you think she'll tour again soon?. I miss her already!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Huge difference in seeing her in an indoor environment. As good as the show in Landsdowne was, I spent more time watching the screens than the tiny figures on stage. Up close and life-sized she is something to behold. Much more striking and impressive in real life than she ever looked on camera.

She showed real star quality too when she stopped performing and spoke to that girl for a minute or two to calm her down. She was obviously overwhelmed by being on stage with Gaga and LG went up in my estimation right there.

Advertisement