Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roy Khan, ladies and gentlemen, what a singer!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

A poor man's Bruce Dickinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yeah, Roy has a spectacular voice. Phenomenal range and can evoke emotion like no other imo. He's also one of the few singers who is probably better live then on record. Sings with passion and adapts his voice to correlate with the moods and themes in the songs. Also, not to be overlooked but he's a great lyricist. Some of the lyrics on Kamelot's songs are very introspective and thoughtful. When he joined Kamelot he brought a whole new dimension and dynamic to their sound that elevated them beyond being a generic Power Metal band to being something more unique. One of my favourite singers in Metal.

Here's a video with his vocal range on some songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

A poor man's Bruce Dickinson.

Oh boo! I love Bruce, he's one of the best frontmen in metal history, but they're two different singers and Roy is not a "poor man's" anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

He's alright. Doesn't really seem to have much power behind his voice though. I don't get the Bruce Dickinson comparison either :)

• Advertisement

I think promoting the virtuosity of Roy Kahn around these parts might be a futile enterprise. The gig will be sparsely attended to I'll hazard. :(

I dunno about that, apparently the last time they played was really awesome. Sadly I missed it :( But oh well. Looking forward to next year's gig.

And if I'm not put off posting about all that Visuel Kei stuff, why would I be put off posting about an awesome band like Kamelot and Roy Khan? ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    I dunno about that, apparently the last time they played was really awesome. Sadly I missed it :( But oh well. Looking forward to next year's gig.

That's the thing, there was hardly anybody at their last gig in The Button Factory. It was a maybe a third full at best. Roy's absence probably won't help much now either.
    Links234 wrote: »
    And if I'm not put off posting about all that Visuel Kei stuff, why would I be put off posting about an awesome band like Kamelot and Roy Khan? ;)

;)

Advertisement