Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alltech Brews and Food, 6-8 February

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

drumswan wrote: »
    could you grab the name and ABV of the Lambic
    Elgood's Coolship is 6.7%, as bigar says. It's a bit rough around the edges: I can see why the Belgians keep acres of barrels and blend to get good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Apparently O'Hara's Double IPA won gold at this. What the gold was for I'm not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Gold Medal for the style.

It being the only representation of it's particular style, it was a dead cert.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gold Medal for the style.

It being the only representation of it's particular style, it was a dead cert.

:P

Ha. That'd explain it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    Elgood's Coolship is 6.7%, as bigar says. It's a bit rough around the edges: I can see why the Belgians keep acres of barrels and blend to get good beer.

Just sour no depth?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, none of the woody smoothness. A fair bit of residual sugar too: it tasted more like a faro than a straight lambic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Went yesterday and must say I enjoyed it. Few people I was with weren't drinking(Just wanted to watch the game on the big screen) so didn't have to spend any money on tokens thankfully. I did get to talk to a couple of the brewers before the rugby started but after that it was pretty tough due to the level of noise. I tried the lambic from Elgoods, wouldn't usually be something I'd drink but it was interesting. Loved the Kentucky Kolsch, you rarely see it outside Cologne and I thought it was a fairly faithful attempt. My favourite of the day was probably the Redwell steam beer. It helps that I like steam beers it was the only steam beer I could find!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Went yesterday too. Some nice beers but I was disappointed with the food, a few places finished their samples and they weren't selling to eat at the festival. I went not having eaten expecting to pick up a pie but they were only selling for take home and cook yourself.

I enjoyed the Stone Barrel American style IPA, Bru Dubh, N17 Rye. Wasn't a huge fan of the new Hilden IPA but it was ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Headed down with the gf on the Saturday. Thought having the game on was a great idea, but agree they coulda tuned the volume down a bit.

Tried a lot of things, with the tiny portions wasn't gonna go buy any extra tokens though. Most samples people poured were nearly half a glass anyway. My favourite by far I think was the rotation brew by the Boom IPA people, can't remember the name of the brewery. Very OFAF/Brewdog Hardcore like. Lovely stuff.

Advertisement