Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had experience with Asus warranty repairs?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with my issd drive on my Asus laptop. It is not recognised in the bios. Seems to be a common problem with these Sandisk issds. It is soldered on to the motherboard and can't be disabled.
    Only fix is to return to Asus for a warranty repair.
    Anyone had experience with them? Do they take a month to get it back to you? I hear of damaged/scratched laptops on the return too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

if it has to go back, take multiple photos of the laptop (include time-stamp), showing condition of your laptop, and if down the line its returned scratched, you'll have proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'd try to return it to where you bought first and see if they can deal with it. If not, then see what it's costs to fix here. Sending it back to Asus can take 30-60 days and you pay for shipping it to the Czech republic which is where they are based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'd try to return it to where you bought first and see if they can deal with it. If not, then see what it's costs to fix here. Sending it back to Asus can take 30-60 days and you pay for shipping it to the Czech republic which is where they are based.
    Do they refund the cost of shipping it?

Got it over a year ago in Currys, so I think it's just the 2 yr manufacturer's warranty that applies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Firblog

Generally Curry's have the warranty for laptops they sell - true for HP an Tosh anyways - Just give ASUS a call, they'll give you the directions to a webpage to create the warranty return - generally they take 2-3 weeks for anything I've sent back to them. Hardest part is following their procedure for getting the repair process started... :(

• Advertisement

The bastard only had a one year warranty with asus, so I'll try Currys, although I doubt they go beyond the one year either

Advertisement