Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3cx system, problems!

Options
  • 29-01-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys, have 3cx phone system with yealink handsets, having major problems with it, phones go down one by one, until none of them work and we cant even receive calls! which is resulting in lost business, it cant be sorted out by the person that installed it, so I would like a second opinion or for someone new to come in and try to get it working properly, before ditching it and going back to the old reliable system (which we ditched after a lightning strike in the area, which knocked something out)... Mods please move if not in the appropriate forum or if its likely to get better feedback somewhere else...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Is the phone system turned on?

Is it connected to the network?

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Have you been doing anything with it? If so, could you describe what you have been doing?

Can you access the internet from the phone system?

Worst case scenario is that you have to reinstall the phone system. Are you using a sip trunk/VoIP connection on this pbx?

I would call your provider and redirect the lines to a failover number or mobile temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Or plug the Yealink handsets directly into the router and forget the 3cx routing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I wonder whether something like freepbx on linux would be much more reliable. Windows carries with it its own problems. The other thing I would do is get some reputable handsets like cisco or grandstream. Ive used the latter and very reliable. Ive also Siemens portable and its very reliable also but these are plugged directly into the router and connected to the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Is be inclined to blame the yealinks, I have a 3cx system running with a mixture of yealink and snom.

The snom phones are pretty much flawords. The yealinks cause problems all the time.

Do you have any phones other than yealinks?

3cx is very reliable, one install I have done has been running for 3 months without a restart of the server it's running on.

If you need someone to take a look at the system I'd be happy to help

Advertisement