Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Telegan Tempest 50 consumables supplier

• 29-01-2014 1:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Managed to get an in calibration Telegan Tempest 50 FGA a little while back, can someone suggest a source of consumables, paper rolls and printer ribbon for a starter would help. I think I've found an on line PDF of the manual, the one with it is not in the best of shape, but if anyone has an electronic full copy of that manual I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Folks,

Managed to get an in calibration Telegan Tempest 50 FGA a little while back, can someone suggest a source of consumables, paper rolls and printer ribbon for a starter would help. I think I've found an on line PDF of the manual, the one with it is not in the best of shape, but if anyone has an electronic full copy of that manual I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Steve
    Charlie in Heating Engineer Supplies is the agent for Ireland for Telgan, so he could sort you out.
    What are going to use it for? If it's for oil boilers & combustion, you would require training & full understanding of the whole picture.
    I understand you have a rational head on your shoulders & a good understanding of knowledge more than a lot of people, but it might be worthwhile to obtain training if you are going to adjust people's boilers with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Shane,

Thanks for that, initially it's my own oil boiler, an old Rio Sime with a Riello burner, it's not been serviced for a while, and while it does seem to be working OK at the moment, I'm not about to start trying to make waves in the market place, too much hassle at the moment.

A new jet is overdue, and on the basis that the price was right, it was one of those E-bay moments that happen, and I was going over to the UK for other things, so collection wasn't an issue.

who's recommended on the training side, bearing in mind that I have to be paranoid about the cash flow, and some of the prices I see for "training" is only scary, depending on who's doing the training.

Will give Charlie a shout.

Cheers

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

would agree 100% with shane re training etc I had training on fga when I done my oftec back in 2009

but I found playing around with different adjustments on my own boiler gave me a great understanding of what to expect out in the field a tweek in oil pressure or air damper can make a fair difference to your overall readings

personally I find if you have the manf spec for the boiler and the proper nozzle set to the correct pressure you have a solid starting point to work from

that's my tuppence worth and it works for me

if you go back on some of the old posts here on boards you will find their a mine of information posted by some of the best in the business ps you have my full permission to exclude mine for your own safety

Advertisement