Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank PDF statement password ?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the password is for the pdf version of statements from Ulster Bank ?

It won't let me copy without it & their customer service appear to be unaware of their existence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you viewing the statement online, and then clicking the link to download, and then getting the prompt for password?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

Downloading the statement (paperless statements), it comes down no problem, opens no problem, but if I want to copy any info out of it, it prompts for a password & it's not the account password.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OU812 wrote: »
    Downloading the statement (paperless statements), it comes down no problem, opens no problem, but if I want to copy any info out of it, it prompts for a password & it's not the account password.

Thats because its a secured document, all your allowed do is print it.

If you want transactions for excel or similar you can download a csv file or similar from the statements section in online banking rather than pdf

Should still be accessible though, particularly if you can do it another way

Worked around it by doing a screenshot, pasting it into word & creating an OCR PDF from that.

Not as secure as they thought :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement