Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 29-01-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

HI Guys,

I do apologise for having to come on here to complain but due to the lack of empathy and customer service from the guys in your call centre I feel I have no choice.

I signed up to Eircom Broadband on the 15/01/2014 and was called the next day to confirm the order.  During the call (by a very helpful agent) I was advised that I have to wait two weeks (29/1/2014) before they can install a phone line in my house before I can get Broadband which would take a further 5 working days.  I was not particularly pleased with the length it would take but accepted it as I understand that there may be some orders ahead of me etc.

I got a SMS yesterday for Eircom which read “Eircom here – don’t forget your apt on 29/01/2014 at 9.30 our staff will work on your order and call after this.”  So far so good and despite been forewarned about Eircom’s (lack of) customer service, I was happy enough with customer service I received to this point...

My Husband took the day off work today to wait for a member of your staff to call.  We did eventually get a call from an engineer at 12.10 pm however we were not expecting what we were told.  The engineer (who was apologetic and nice) explained that he was a sub contractor for Eircom and that Eircom had double booked our appointment and that it would be late next week before they could call out to activate our lines.  This is completely unacceptable, clearly we should have been informed this before the day we were supposed to have the line activated.  This has resulted in my husband losing a day’s holidays for nothing and us still without any phone lines. I think you will agree this could have been easily been avoided with a quick call to us to explain the same before today....

I was a little bit peeved at this so I called your customer care line at about ten past one today to enquire further and to see if we could get a date a little bit closer than late next week as we have already been waiting 2 weeks.

I have to say the guy on the call was probably the rudest person I have ever dealt with.  When I raised the query about the engineer advising they double booked our order, his response was – “Well actually this was an AM appointment and AM is until 1 o clock “at this point I advised that Am is up until 12 noon to which he snapped back “I don’t need a lesson in time from you “To add to this he kept pushing me to cancel the order and eventually in frustration I did cancel the order.  I will be respectful and not post his name in the public domain however I do feel that this level of service is unacceptable.  Even the slightest bit of empathy would have kept me happy but throughout the call he was rude and had no interest in what I had to say (when he would let me talk that is)

In spite of this, and the fact that my husband does not want to deal you your company again I would be happy to sign up to your Broadband if you could have an engineer out tomorrow/Friday and maybe offer some sort of goodwill gesture.

Again I do apologise for having to write all this online and thanks very much in advance for taking the time to read this,

Lou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I feel your pain. It sounds like you are looking for new phone line to be installed - unfortunately eircom have a monopoly here so you'll be stuck with them.

Your story sounds very similar to how mine started - I just hope you're not waiting 3 months (and counting) for an update like I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lou707

roro2 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. It sounds like you are looking for new phone line to be installed - unfortunately eircom have a monopoly here so you'll be stuck with them.

Your story sounds very similar to how mine started - I just hope you're not waiting 3 months (and counting) for an update like I am!
    Yeah that's right unfortunately the previous owners disconnected the line in 2007 and we never bothered to activated it so they advised they would send someone out which I accepted wasn't happy about the originally time frame but accepted it but now I am not happy at all!!! Why is it so impossible to get some sorted in a reasonable time frame and good customer service! 
    Three months seem like a night mare!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I bet they were happy enough to lock you in to a contract and take your payment details, before not showing up for your appointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 derekE222

23 hours and no reply from eircom...  sums them up to be honest.. take your money elsewhere  lou,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lou707 wrote: »
    HI Guys,

I do apologise for having to come on here to complain but due to the lack of empathy and customer service from the guys in your call centre I feel I have no choice.

I signed up to Eircom Broadband on the 15/01/2014 and was called the next day to confirm the order.  During the call (by a very helpful agent) I was advised that I have to wait two weeks (29/1/2014) before they can install a phone line in my house before I can get Broadband which would take a further 5 working days.  I was not particularly pleased with the length it would take but accepted it as I understand that there may be some orders ahead of me etc.

I got a SMS yesterday for Eircom which read “Eircom here – don’t forget your apt on 29/01/2014 at 9.30 our staff will work on your order and call after this.”  So far so good and despite been forewarned about Eircom’s (lack of) customer service, I was happy enough with customer service I received to this point...

My Husband took the day off work today to wait for a member of your staff to call.  We did eventually get a call from an engineer at 12.10 pm however we were not expecting what we were told.  The engineer (who was apologetic and nice) explained that he was a sub contractor for Eircom and that Eircom had double booked our appointment and that it would be late next week before they could call out to activate our lines.  This is completely unacceptable, clearly we should have been informed this before the day we were supposed to have the line activated.  This has resulted in my husband losing a day’s holidays for nothing and us still without any phone lines. I think you will agree this could have been easily been avoided with a quick call to us to explain the same before today....

I was a little bit peeved at this so I called your customer care line at about ten past one today to enquire further and to see if we could get a date a little bit closer than late next week as we have already been waiting 2 weeks.

I have to say the guy on the call was probably the rudest person I have ever dealt with.  When I raised the query about the engineer advising they double booked our order, his response was – “Well actually this was an AM appointment and AM is until 1 o clock “at this point I advised that Am is up until 12 noon to which he snapped back “I don’t need a lesson in time from you “To add to this he kept pushing me to cancel the order and eventually in frustration I did cancel the order.  I will be respectful and not post his name in the public domain however I do feel that this level of service is unacceptable.  Even the slightest bit of empathy would have kept me happy but throughout the call he was rude and had no interest in what I had to say (when he would let me talk that is)

In spite of this, and the fact that my husband does not want to deal you your company again I would be happy to sign up to your Broadband if you could have an engineer out tomorrow/Friday and maybe offer some sort of goodwill gesture.

Again I do apologise for having to write all this online and thanks very much in advance for taking the time to read this,

Lou

Hi lou

I'm very sorry to hear of this and I would firstly like to apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused.

From reading your above post there does seem to be many issues in hand here so if you could please PM me your account/landline or order number I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 EmerKelleher

I know how you feel!

I recently ordered a package of a phone line and broadband , new build connection from eircom , on the 30th December 2013 and was told I would have it in 10 to 15 working days.
    I called to the shop ,eircom shop in market green midleton and was told by the girl who sold me the package , alex, the engineer would be out on the 13th January to install.
    The 13 th came, I took the day off work to be there to let the engineer in , but no one arrived , not even a phone call.
    I went into the shop and asked them what was going on and they said they couldn't help, I would have to ring customer service myself.
    I called them from the shop and when I got through they said I shouldn't have been told the 13 th that an engineer would be out on the 17th , the staff on the phone or the shop offered no explanation or resolution.
    The 16th I got a call from eircom saying they were too busy to do the 17th. So they informed me they would be out on the Saturday 18th.
    Two engineers came, looked and said they couldn't do it and they needed to check the poles further up the road and disappeared without any update or information.
    I had to call again on the Monday 20th to see what was going on but no one could offer me any information as the engineers hadn't updated the account.
    I rang again on the Tuesday the 21st and spoke with a Gavin at 12.45 who said an appointment was set for the 23rd, I asked was there any work needed to be done so the engineers could install to which he replied that nothing was needed as there was no notes/ requests by the engineers.
    The 23rd arrived , another day taken off work , and no engineer and no call.
    I called customer service to be told there was no scheduled appointment for this day and I was booked in for the 31st- I asked to speak to a manager and after 40 minutes on hold was told i could speak to Barry the manager. He apologised and told me basically there was nothing he could do he would try get the appointment moved forward , that'd he'd email the relevant department with the request and ring me back and surprise surprise no call back and yet again another day taken off and no engineer comes.
    I ring customer service yet again with the first rep christian hanging up on me, the 2nd Amy saying that he might turn up yet give it more time. That evening 6 o clock still no engineer I call customer service yet again nd get onto Gavin who I had been talking to on the 21st and he says there was no appointment scheduled for the 31st- I ask to speak to a manager to which he replied he was and he had no one superior to him on duty.
    I went through everything with him yet again to which he said he couldn't help and I requested to make a complaint against him.
    He said he would put through a query to why an engineer didn't show and said it would take 3 working days and he didn't know when , how or if an appointment would be made for this order.
    So now we are 32 days on ,4 supposed appointments, hours of phone calls and no call back , no explanations , no resolution and not a smidgen of customer service. And still no phone line, no broadband , no information.
    This connection is for a home office and not sticking to what they offered may cost our household a salary.it has caused huge stress and hours of hair pulling- and still no answers .

Why are eircom let get away with this, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

There's always sky

There's always sky
    I moved from Sky TV after an awful experience of over billing etc so I decided to give eircom a go.

Just got a missed call from them and I called the number back only to be told This office is now closed, please call Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 9pm... its Tuesday at 12.20!!!!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Aha !! The mysterious Cork number I bet !! Doesn't matter when you ring it. It is NEVER answered !

irish1967 wrote: »
    Aha !! The mysterious Cork number I bet !! Doesn't matter when you ring it. It is NEVER answered !
    Well I got an engineer out but he could not set up the system as
    he said it seems as if someone has already taken the line in another house!!

He spent over an hour driving up and down the roads looking to activate the line in the exchanges and nothing was showing up for him and when the co-ordinates we sent out he couldn't find it and said it doesn't exist.

Now I am wondering did another engineer come out and to save them-self time and effort gave our line etc to a new house built up the road or to our neighbours not long in the area!!

The engineer said that an actually eircom engineer will need to call out. However I Have heard nothing since.

Beginning to wonder is it even worth it at this stage!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lou707 wrote: »
    irish1967 wrote: »
    Well I got an engineer out but he could not set up the system as
    he said it seems as if someone has already taken the line in another house!!

He spent over an hour driving up and down the roads looking to activate the line in the exchanges and nothing was showing up for him and when the co-ordinates we sent out he couldn't find it and said it doesn't exist.

Now I am wondering did another engineer come out and to save them-self time and effort gave our line etc to a new house built up the road or to our neighbours not long in the area!!

The engineer said that an actually eircom engineer will need to call out. However I Have heard nothing since.

Beginning to wonder is it even worth it at this stage!!

Hi lou707

In some cases further works are required by eircom engineers to install a line. I will request more information on what the issue is and let you know as soon as I have clarification on this.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement