Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby, Mods have it in for me

Options
  • 29-01-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello,

I have been permanently banned from rugby. I was told because I was 'back seat' modding which is fair enough I didnt know that rule and I understand. I essentially told a poster called Ugomonye that he 'doesnt run the forum' when the poster in question had started mocking another user who had started a thread that Ugomonye had thought was stupid.

However I think a permanent ban is a step too far. Also the mod in question said that "its clear to us that your trolling"

My problem is ive never been trolling. I was permanently banned after 10 random posts for trolling only to have that overturned and now ive been permanently banned for backseat modding on the basis of my history of trolling which as Beasty agreed was not trolling to warrant a ban in the first place!

Yes DRP has been carried out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi, I'll take a look at this and get back to ya soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MongotheBongo

Thank you.

First off,
    My problem is ive never been trolling. I was permanently banned after 10 random posts for trolling only to have that overturned and now ive been permanently banned for backseat modding on the basis of my history of trolling which as Beasty agreed was not trolling to warrant a ban in the first place!

This is not true, Beastys response to you was this :
    In a very short period you came across as an out and out troll and the mods had to act. If you wish to re-gain posting privileges it can only be on the basis that you provide assurances over your future posting within the forum. Basically it needs an acknowledgment over what was wrong with the way you posted, and an assurance that you will temper your style.
    Do I think your ban was harsh? - absolutely not. You came across as an out and out troll. I've explained fully in this thread to you why.

Now here we are 5 days afterwards your original ban for trolling was lifted and you've breached another forum rule by back seat modding.

The general rule is to leave the moderation of the forum to the moderators.

Your post, specifically this part :
    Ugo Monye doesn't run this forum and shouldn't have been so dismissive of another poster's thread in my opinion.

Is the breach of the charter.

You've been warned by the local mods and by the other CMod, Beasty this was going to be your last chance to change your posting style and adhere to the charter, IMO this hasnt happened and you've breached it again in such a short period.

Permanent ban upheld.

You may, if you wish ask for an Admin to review this case and decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MongotheBongo

Don't bother. I came to this site purely to talk rugby and there are plenty of other sites to do that which will be a lot more welcoming.

I don't want the admins to review the decision, I don't care as I will never post here again. I do want them to review the case though because they've just lost a user through over zealous moderating.

Can I request that you close my account now?

Don't bother. I came to this site purely to talk rugby and there are plenty of other sites to do that which will be a lot more welcoming.

I don't want the admins to review the decision, I don't care as I will never post here again. I do want them to review the case though because they've just lost a user through over zealous moderating.

Can I request that you close my account now?

You dont want them to review the decision but the case? If the review the case it will look into the decision not to overturn the ban directly.

Also, only you can close your account. Its in your profile options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't want the admins to review the decision

I do want them to review the case

Ok, so I'll go with the latter.

On review, this is simply an open and shut DRP. You were banned for trolling almost immediately after signing up. You were given a straight up "final warning". You transgressed only days after being unbanned.

In this case, it's very easy to uphold the ban based on the warning you received.

Regarding losing a user, that's ok by us. We would much rather lose someone who comes here just to troll than have positive contributors continuously aggrevated. Quality of discussion is paramount.

Original decision upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How long did that last? 4 days? Croninberg banned as a rereg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement