Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine on the brink of civil war. Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

its not all about ukraine
    its about eastern europe , if you can't see or understand this then no one call explain to you
    its all done by russia in back ground , were russia uses its muppets to gain
    ukraine should be allowed to live in peace like others and bullied by russia and its russian muppets as other countries in eastern europe.
    other countries in eastern europe are concerned
    if nato did enter ukraine would only be in peacekeeping action which putin doesn't want because it would case him problems.
    if you think this is a rant then any words or comments are wasted on you

what about eastern Europe explain it to me....Ukraine is not a member of Nato why should nuclear war with Russia be risked because of a non EU and non Nato member..why?....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

WakeUp wrote: »
    what about eastern Europe explain it to me....Ukraine is not a member of Nato why should nuclear war with Russia be risked because of a non EU and non Nato member..why?....

my partner is from eastern europe and worried russia will do same thing in other countrys as they before in late 90's or have you forgotten !!!!!
    if russia manages to take control with its russian muppets then nothing will stop russia doing same else where in eastern europe, its common sense
    ukraine has already started being its entry to eu but russia doesn't want so doing all this in back ground
    nato involvement is to protect other nato members , did you watch news in last 6 months !!!!
    what nato war !!!, explain ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

What dont you take issue with the content of the link as opposed to the source?.,,why dont you try that. have a go.

No need. Zero Hedge is well known for being a conduit for some of the most batsh1t insane drooling insanity seen on the internet, straight from the mind of a one Dan Ivandjiiski, aka, Tyler Durden. Everything it posts is a lie. I only had to read the the opening line "With the Ukraine civil war - courtesy of the constant prodding of the US State Department" to know it was going to be the usual howling at the moon madness that so typifies ZeroCred.

A crash course of ZH:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

To preserve freedom and democracy. Though it would never come to nuclear war. Russia would immediately back down, so thoroughly weakened by years of economic mismanagement in the Kremlin of the sort that would make FF look competent.

Ren2k7 wrote: »
    No need. Zero Hedge is well known for being a conduit for some of the most batsh1t insane drooling insanity seen on the internet, straight from the mind of a one Dan Ivandjiiski, aka, Tyler Durden. Everything it posts is a lie. I only had to read the the opening line "With the Ukraine civil war - courtesy of the constant prodding of the US State Department" to know it was going to be the usual howling at the moon madness that so typifies ZeroCred.

A crash course of ZH:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

rant much do you. how about taking the points up that were made by the French journalist in Le Figaro? as opposed to the above diatribe.

• Advertisement

my partner is from eastern europe and worried russia will do same thing in other countrys as they before in late 90's or have you forgotten !!!!!
    if russia manages to take control with its russian muppets then nothing will stop russia doing same else where in eastern europe, its common sense
    ukraine has already started being its entry to eu but russia doesn't want so doing all this in back ground
    nato involvement is to protect other nato members , did you watch news in last 6 months !!!!
    what nato war !!!, explain ??

so your partner is worried? this is your reason and your answer. you have to be sh1tting me right. you think Russia attacking eastern European Nato members you think common sense dictates this is going to follow and happen. really.

so your partner is worried? this is your reason and your answer. you have to be sh1tting me right. you think Russia attacking eastern European Nato members you think common sense dictates this is going to follow and happen. really.

now your ranting
    anyone with cop on would see the big picture here , some don't !!!
    everyone knows russia putin reasons why ukraine and eastern europe is on russia agenda , its people who live there know and tell others
    russia tried simular before but didn't go according to plan,
    its in europe interest as a whole russia doesnt if you need this explained to you then go on internet !!!
    you haven't explained about nato nuclear war ???

now your ranting
    anyone with cop on would see the big picture here , some don't !!!
    everyone knows russia putin reasons why ukraine and eastern europe is on russia agenda , its people who live there know and tell others
    russia tried simular before but didn't go according to plan,
    its in europe interest as a whole russia doesnt if you need this explained to you then go on internet !!!

and whats the big picture do please enlighten me...

and whats the big picture do please enlighten me...

you quote stupid article from a daft source and you want to enlightened
    so you think its ok what russia doing and europe and nato should do nothing
    so your answer is just let russia do what it likes !!!!

you quote stupid article from a daft source and you want to enlightened
    so you think its ok what russia doing and europe and nato should do nothing
    so your answer is just let russia do what it likes !!!!

why is the Le Figaro article stupid?..and if you would be so kind as to articulate your answer in a coherent manner it would be much appreciated. about this big picture...you were saying....

• Advertisement

why is the Le Figaro article stupid?..and if you would be so kind as to articulate your answer in a coherent manner it would be much appreciated. about this big picture...you were saying....

russia won't go further if nato do what being suggested as building up troops in eastern europe , ukraine may get help soon but depends when and if ukraine does will it be too late
    sitting back is chicken sh1t way to deal with russia
    so how would you deal with russia besides sitting back ???

rant much do you.

No, not really.
    how about taking the points up that were made by the French journalist in Le Figaro? as opposed to the above diatribe.

Why would I bother? He's just some alleged journalist taking out of his hole about wanting some fanciful Franco-German-Russian alliance. No doubt he's popped up on Russia Today a few times to give the bobbing headed clowns who whore themselves out to Lubyanka's PR Dept something else to bash the West with. "Gasp, mega news, prominent French media star calls for a new three way alliance between the glorious Motherland, Germany and France." Yawn, back to France 24 and ask Sky if they can block channel #512 for me.

russia won't go further if nato do what being suggested as building up troops in eastern europe , ukraine may get help soon but depends when and if ukraine does will it be too late
    sitting back is chicken sh1t way to deal with russia
    so how would you deal with russia besides sitting back ???

Russia wont go further where exactly? where is your evidence they intend on doing this. show me it please. and your partners feelings dont count. are you talking about Nato members? do you realise the insanity of what you are suggesting. If Russia directly attacks a Nato member thats thermonuclear war and its game over for one and all. and you believe this is part of Putins plan.

Russia wont go further where exactly? where is your evidence they intend on doing this. show me it please. and your partners feelings dont count. are you talking about Nato members? do you realise the insanity of what you are suggesting. If Russia directly attacks a Nato member thats thermonuclear war and its game over for one and all. and you believe this is part of Putins plan.

so your saying if russia attacks a nato member it nuclear war ??
    facts to why its nuclear war if russia attacks as you said this couple times

No, not really.

Why would I bother? He's just some alleged journalist taking out of his hole about wanting some fanciful Franco-German-Russian alliance. No doubt he's popped up on Russia Today a few times to give the bobbing headed clowns who whore themselves out to Lubyanka's PR Dept something else to bash the West with. "Gasp, mega news, prominent French media star calls for a new three way alliance between the glorious Motherland, Germany and France." Yawn, back to France 24 and ask Sky if they can block channel #512 for me.

Why is he talking out of his hole? can you elaborate on that...without going off on another lets say tangent shall we like the above.

so your saying if russia attacks a nato member it nuclear war ??
    facts to why its nuclear war if russia attacks as you said this couple times

yep. it would be war which would then lead to nuclear war. Im not sure what you mean with the second part "facts to why its nuclear war if Russia attacks as you said this couple time" I dont know why you mean by that???

Not at first. If Russia, say, invaded Lithuania then it would be likely NATO would respond with a full blown invasion force through Kaliningrad to retake the country and eject the Russians. They probably would also retake Transnistria, Crimea and Donbass as well. But risk turning the planet into a rock of ash by nuking Russia? Probably not. It would of course depend on how the Ruskies reacted and the resulting war could easily escalate into global thermonuclear war.

yep. it would be war which would then lead to nuclear war. Im not sure what you mean with the second part "facts to why its nuclear war if Russia attacks as you said this couple time" I dont know why you mean by that???

I'm waiting to why you think there be first a war then a nuclear war if nato are in eastern europe and maybe ukraine as peacekeeper ???
    i would think russia are not stupid as they even now say they have nothing to do with being in ukraine !!!, so why war ???

Why is he talking out of his hole? can you elaborate on that...

Because no matter how much he may fantasise about such an alliance it won't happen. Germany and France would have to leave NATO to join this alliance of his. Hence why he's talking crap.
    without going off on another lets say tangent shall we like the above.

Don't be so precious!

Not at first. If Russia, say, invaded Lithuania then it would be likely NATO would respond with a full blown invasion force through Kaliningrad to retake the country and eject the Russians. They probably would also retake Transnistria, Crimea and Donbass as well. But risk turning the planet into a rock of ash by nuking Russia? Probably not. It would of course depend on how the Ruskies reacted and the resulting war could easily escalate into global thermonuclear war.

not at first. well thats reassuring. Why would Russia invade Lithuania? what evidence is there to even remotely suggest this is part of the plan. have you seen such evidence can I have a look if you have. so Nato rolls into Kaliningrad stroll in the park and just boot the Russians out. when all this is happening and going to plan what are the Russians doing with the iskanders nukes they have stationed in Kaliningrad. why do you think they moved them there.

• Advertisement

Because no matter how much he may fantasise about such an alliance it won't happen. Germany and France would have to leave NATO to join this alliance of his. Hence why he's talking crap.

and what if they decide to leave Nato as they believe that their interests are better served not being a member? youre saying such a thing could never happen..how do you know that....

not at first. well thats reassuring. Why would Russia invade Lithuania? what evidence is there to even remotely suggest this is part of the plan. have you seen such evidence can I have a look if you have. so Nato rolls into Kaliningrad stroll in the park and just boot the Russians out. when all this is happening and going to plan what are the Russians doing with the iskanders nukes they have stationed in Kaliningrad. why do you think they moved them there.

Er, YOU were the one who introduced this scenario into this discussion.
    If Russia directly attacks a Nato member thats thermonuclear war

:rolleyes:
    and what if they decide to leave Nato as they believe that their interests are better served not being a member? youre saying such a thing could never happen..how do you know that....

It's not going to happen. Only a complete lunatic, like our French "journalist" friend, would make such a suggestion.

In fact it's such an absurd suggestion you brought into the discussion I'm done talking about it.

...if Russia attacked a Nato member then the Nato alliance is obliged and mandated to respond. that means war and any conventional war would soon turn nuclear. so if youre asking me why there would be a war it would be because of that. an attack on a Nato member is an attack on one and all.

It's not going to happen. Only a complete lunatic, like our French "journalist" friend, would make such a suggestion.

In fact it's such an absurd suggestion you brought into the discussion I'm done talking about it.

it happened in 1966 France pulled out of Nato command. it wasnt until 40 years later when Sarkozy arrived that France became a fully fledged member. had a French journalist in the 60s suggested such a thing you would have probably called them a lunatic too right. things change. change happens all the time who knows what the future holds.

...if Russia attacked a Nato member then the Nato alliance is obliged and mandated to respond. that means war and any conventional war would soon turn nuclear. so if youre asking me why there would be a war it would be because of that. an attack on a Nato member is an attack on one and all.

Nato are saying they going to build up divisions all along eastern europe, if you watched the news you know this..
    Will nato go into ukraine, don't know but think they should in peace keeping role and answer is apparent to why
    Sanctions aren't working ith russia and won't
    Asked you before how would you deal with russia

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Surely it should be the UN that goes in as peace keepers not Nato. Since when has Nato been considered neutral?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

People getting a little hot under the collar here - cool off, please. Don't jump to take offence, don't jump to give it either.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Sobko wrote: »
    Surely it should be the UN that goes in as peace keepers not Nato. Since when has Nato been considered neutral?

Your probably right but nato is building up in eastern europe , russia wouldn't like either nato or un in there
    At moment ukraine want peace keeper in ukraine, in time we see .. Something need to happen as ukraine won't last too much more

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Unfortunately the Ukrainian Parliment at the moment is totally disfunctional. Democracy is new to them and corruption is widespread. The Russians have even less democracy if you can even call it that. Even before Putin you had a communism and before that a monarchy. It's so foreign to Russians they have become ambivalent to it.

• Advertisement

Sobko wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Ukrainian Parliment at the moment is totally disfunctional. Democracy is new to them and corruption is widespread. The Russians have even less democracy if you can even call it that. Even before Putin you had a communism and before that a monarchy. It's so foreign to Russians they have become ambivalent to it.

Peacekeepers in Ukraine would dis-fuse the situation there and let people close to civil war towns take a breath from it .
    The brits and Americans are talking more sanctions which so far only hurt regular people in russia but wont stop putin .
    The russian muppets in ukraine will continue taking town by town unless something is done more than sanctions .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement