Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1MB Line - Fibre Upgrade Question

Options
  • 29-01-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

I recently moved into a new house and signed up to a broadband bundle. Turns out the max speed my line can handle is going to be 1MB :eek: , we are a good bit out from the exchange

According to the website Fibre is due here in April. When this comes will it make a big difference to our speeds ?

Is it still dependant on how far you are from the exchange ?

If somebody could fill me in that would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Strituck wrote: »
    Hi Reps,

I recently moved into a new house and signed up to a broadband bundle. Turns out the max speed my line can handle is going to be 1MB :eek: , we are a good bit out from the exchange

According to the website Fibre is due here in April. When this comes will it make a big difference to our speeds ?

Is it still dependant on how far you are from the exchange ?

If somebody could fill me in that would be great.

Hi Strituck

When efibre becomes available to your line the speeds would be based on the distance to your local cabinet instead of the current situation of distance to your exchange. efibre increase speeds dramatically even for situations where a line is very far from the exchange. I will not be able to offer an indication of what speeds you can expect until it is efibre is available to your line.

It's also worth noting that even though efibre is planned for an area/town/exchange not all cabinets/estates will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year however cabinets done by launch date will go live then.

To check for efibre availability when it launches in your area please feel free to get back to me and I'll check this for you.

Thanks

Advertisement