Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Mortgage Payment

Options
  • 29-01-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi

Just looking for some advice. I have a credit card bill that I cannot get rid of and was thinking of missing a mortgage payment to cover it. This would be the first missed payment in over 5 years. I am on a tracker with AIB who I also have the credit card with.

Will my tracker be at risk if I miss this 1 payment?

Any help advice would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Tracker wouldn't be effected but your credit rating may be.
    Jacknory wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking for some advice. I have a credit card bill that I cannot get rid of and was thinking of missing a mortgage payment to cover it. This would be the first missed payment in over 5 years. I am on a tracker with AIB who I also have the credit card with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Jacknory wrote: »
    Hi

Why not approach AIB and ask for interest only for say 6 months or a repayment holiday for 2 months and pay off the credit card during that time. By missing a mortgage repayment it will affect your credit rating.

Please talk to AIB who might also help you with budget planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Trish56 wrote: »
    Why not approach AIB and ask for interest only for say 6 months or a repayment holiday for 2 months and pay off the credit card during that time. By missing a mortgage repayment it will affect your credit rating.

Please talk to AIB who might also help you with budget planning.

Aib will NOT allow you prioritise the credit card over the mortgage, even on a short term basis.

Advertisement