Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Active Mullingar

Options
  • 29-01-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Just looking to see what people's opinions are about this place if anyone has been or goes? I contacted the staff already as I am looking to join or get some more info, but would love some personal opinions from anyone if they could share them :)

Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/clubactive.mullingar

Website here http://www.clubactivemullingar.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I'm a member. I like it, the staff are all friendly and will help you out with any questions you have. I've recommended it to a few people.

The only class I do there really is spinning, and I enjoy it but I did try insanity at the start and tried kettle bells last week. I miss out on most of the classes as I can only make a class from 7.30 onwards so only 8pm classes suit me. As a result I only really get to go to one of the free member classes unfortunately so I don't get the full benefit of my membership. My only downfall would be the weekend opening hours, Sat its closed at 3 and Sunday at 1 but I suppose you're most likely to go in the morning when you go to the gym at weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

I have been going here for about three months now and have no complaints. I train first thing in the morning (gets it over with!) and do mostly weights followed by some cardio or HIIT, depending on how knackered I am. The weights area is very well stocked - great to actually have proper squat cages to use. I find mornings are never that busy - there's plenty of benches and machines so you never really have to climb over anyone or queue. I can't comment on what's it like at the weekends as do all my training during the week, and I don't do classes - not my thang, but the spinning classes are very popular, they've been putting more on recently, even a couple early ones (7.30am) for the early risers.

You would have to be some monster or Olympic standard to tire of the weights there!

The staff are great, friendly and approachable. The facilities are up to scratch, separate changing areas for girls and boys. I like it that the lockers are in full view of the staff at reception.

I think that's me done for now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Hmmmm.

I wonder are the staff so busy they can post messages here?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't work there - just work out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

I go there and really like it. Agree staff are great. And no I don't work there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement