Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a weird virus going around the town at the moment - or am i just dying?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

:D Seriously, is there anything on the go?

I'm off to make my will....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

There is a bad dose going. Everyone in my house is dying the last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 teelady

Thanks Iano.p,

My family are all down with it and blaming each other for passing it around! But we don't know anyone else with it.

It's taken my father down and in over 40 years, i've never seen him catch more than a handful of things. He's sick nearly a month. Dr said virus.

I didn't bother with the doctor. If we had any children in the extended family we'd probably hear about all the bugs but we're all childless.

Maybe we should have a virus thread :D - save a lot of us going to the doctor to be told = nothing to be done - €60 please!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Virus is often shorthand for "haven't a feckin' clue!"

Virus is often shorthand for "haven't a feckin' clue!"

I know! That's why i was checking :D

I was getting a bit paranoid as i didn't hear anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It's a rough ould virus, I had it for 3 weeks. Like others, kept away from the doctors, I wasn't well enough to sit for 2 hours in the waiting room, and probably come out with more bugs than when I went in!!

• Advertisement

My condolences Madmaggie :D

I had one or two false days where i thought it was gone and then i was whalloped with it again the next day. Haven't had one like it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Windows defender should clear up any viruses :D

Now ya tell me!!

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Windows defender should clear up any viruses :D

Ahh.. that's where i went wrong - another string to Bill Gates's bow - Supreme Healer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dolally

What are the symptoms ?
    Not looking for medical advice or anything but I've had blinding headaches and bouts of the dreaded scour on and off for last 10 days and generally feeling wrecked. Anyone else have these symptoms.... so I can use this as "proof" to gain sympathy from the mrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Have you anything decent you can leave me in your will ? :confused:

dolally wrote: »
    What are the symptoms ?
    Not looking for medical advice or anything but I've had blinding headaches and bouts of the dreaded scour on and off for last 10 days and generally feeling wrecked. Anyone else have these symptoms.... so I can use this as "proof" to gain sympathy from the mrs.

You poor thing (and that's your female sympathy for the evening :D)

I'm afraid that although i thought i had every symptom under the sun- i don't have yours.

Mine is chills, aches, fatigue, nausea, bones hurt and feeling like a truck rolled over me. My brother also looked like the living dead with it so if you're still looking healthy... it's a different if equally horrible bug ( i added that just in case Mrs Dolally is reading:D)

threein99 wrote: »
    Have you anything decent you can leave me in your will ? :confused:

No, sorry, i downsized last year and went all minimalist ... :)

It did prompt a conversation between myself and my sister about executors though ... (see .. some of you didn't believe me when i said i was dying :D)

dolally wrote: »
    What are the symptoms ?

Jesus, that sounds rough. I had the chills, fatigue, feverish sort of dose. 10 days of digestive upset seems a bit prolonged, perhaps time to see the doc. Could end up run down and dehydrated (not a medic, just bitter experience)

Advertisement