Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Mansfield R.I.P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Were the things that "Got done" good things?

All those empty ghost estate tax havens?

The huge rise in prices?

The collapse and recession?

"Getting things done" is only admirable if the things that "get done" are things which benefit society, not if they are things that serve no purpose other than to line the pockets of plutocrats and theiving politicians.

I was on about factories. Houses are a whole other story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

All this is are people being jealous minded because they can or don't have a brain to do anything in there life.

Lol...get away out of that ye mouthpiece!he was a corrupt,greedy kunt.One of many that has this country the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I was on about factories. Houses are a whole other story.

Which factories were built without planning permssion? Do tell.

MadsL wrote: »
    Which factories were built without planning permssion? Do tell.

I'll give that nugget a miss. :) Be assured there were plenty.

Then you won't find it hard to name one. The planning file will be a matter of public record.

the onus is on you to back up your claims...otherwise you just come across as bullsh1tting.

returnNull wrote: »
    the onus is on you to back up your claims...otherwise you just come across as bullsh1tting.

I'll live with the shame. I like food and stuff.

I'll live with the shame.

ah there's no shame in it,we just know you're full of it and will take everything you say with a big lump of salt.

ah there's no shame in it,we just know you're full of it and will take everything you say with a big lump of salt.

Probably for the best. If you want to bring shyte to your door, fire ahead, I'll pass thanks. ;)

I'll live with the shame.

So you cannot name even one.

Says everything.

• Advertisement

Probably for the best.
    Should really quit while you're ahead.By all means,continue fapping over JM,just dont think you wont get pulled up on posting lies.
    If you want to bring shyte to your door, fire ahead, I'll pass thanks. ;)
    Wha dafuq does this even mean?And in relation to what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anyway, condolences to his family. The financial travails couldn't have done his health much good.

They made absolutely no difference to his health at all. Multiple system atrophy is a horrible, unrelenting and terrible neurodegenerative disease that has no cure, has no remission and is every bit as relentless as Motor Neurone Disease. It's much rarer than Motor Neurone's though and **** all is known about it.

As a scientist I know an awful lot about the disease and unfortunately it's the same disease that killed my own Mum last September, less than 2 years after she was diagnosed.
    I cost the country much less than this bloke when I left.

I'm baffled how you find it sad that someone who's debts are now being serviced by the nation who dies at 75 to be 'sad'.

"Sad" how exactly?

Well you'll be delighted to know that he will have lost the ability to swallow, will have experienced extreme dizziness upon attempting to stand up and probably continuously passed out just trying to get out of bed. Eventually he will have lost the ability to move and speak. He will have been unable to eat and may have been tube fed. You'll be thrilled and clapping your hands with happiness to know that he suffered an absolutely dreadful death.

Yes, I know that he probably cost the country a lot of money but his relatives and loved ones will have watched an incredibly terrible death and they will have felt more hurt than you can imagine. Cop yourself on.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    They made absolutely no difference to his health at all. Multiple system atrophy is a horrible, unrelenting and terrible neurodegenerative disease that has no cure, has no remission and is every bit as relentless as Motor Neurone Disease. It's much rarer than Motor Neurone's though and **** all is known about it.

As a scientist I know an awful lot about the disease and unfortunately it's the same disease that killed my own Mum last September, less than 2 years after she was diagnosed.

Well you'll be delighted to know that he will have lost the ability to swallow, will have experienced extreme dizziness upon attempting to stand up and probably continuously passed out just trying to get out of bed. Eventually he will have lost the ability to move and speak. He will have been unable to eat and may have been tube fed. You'll be thrilled and clapping your hands with happiness to know that he suffered an absolutely dreadful death.

Yes, I know that he probably cost the country a lot of money but his relatives and loved ones will have watched an incredibly terrible death and they will have felt more hurt than you can imagine. Cop yourself on.

Thanks for that post, and sorry about your Mum. I was actually just wanting to bang in a thread on the fact he had passed, sort of an acknowledgement. I'll bet John Gilligan gets a fine eulogy when he passes, I thought Mansfield deserved a mention. I really had no agenda beyond that.

I'm sad for your mother, and sorry for your loss. I do recognise the hurt for the family. But JM was not in any way the hero people are trying to paint him, I won't feel bad for trying to tell the truth about his activities. <snip> out of respect for r3nu4l I have edited my post

I really had no agenda beyond that.

Why are you defending him then, and making up stuff about factories?

Why are you defending him then, and making up stuff about factories?

Sure what else would you be at. I'll leave you at it - the field is yours. Build somthing on it.

Sure what else would you be at.

He's talking about you..

Sure what else would you be at.

Trying to stop the greedy from breaking the law is what I'm often at. Oral Hearings included.

I'll leave you at it

You have been leaving a while now...

- the field is yours. Build somthing on it.

The environment is everyones. You cannot build as you like, have you not learnt the consequences of that? €300m debts in JMs case.

Trying to stop the greedy from breaking the law is what I'm often at. Oral Hearings included.
    That you Biggins?

You have been leaving a while now...

I forgot my coat.

The environment is everyones. You cannot build as you like, have you not learnt the consequences of that? €300m debts in JMs case.

Some people do more with their bit so.

• Advertisement

I'm sad for your mother, and sorry for your loss. I do recognise the hurt for the family.

Thank you, sincerely.
    But JM was not in any way the hero people are trying to paint him, I won't feel bad for trying to tell the truth about his activities.
    I don't give a damn what the man did or did not do.
    Sorry if your attempt at shaming failed.
    Let me make one thing very, very clear to you. I would never use my Mum's death in an attempt to 'shame' some random individual on the internet that I care nothing about. I'll ask you politely to retract that comment and the insinuation. All I was trying to do was to show you that your comment on why 'anyone' should feel sad, was 'a bit off'.

That aside.
    I've already seen today that you don't have much time for Irish funerals or for dead people but for someone who doesn't have much time for the dead you've written a huge amount of posts dismissing anyone who posts anything that seems remotely like human sympathy. Interesting.

Thank you, sincerely.

You are welcome. It was meant sincerely.

I don't give a damn what the man did or did not do.

That however is the topic of discussion, not how the man died.
    Let me make one thing very, very clear to you. I would never use my Mum's death in an attempt to 'shame' some random individual on the internet that I care nothing about.
    then why bring it up here. We were discussing his life's activities, not the manner of his death.
    I'll ask you politely to retract that comment and the insinuation.
    Will you withdraw asking me to cop on? I don't feel that telling the truth about JM requires me to cop on to anything. If you feel I slighted you, then ask yourself why it was necessary for you to bring up your mother to tell me to cop on. What was the relevance? Or the need?

I'll delete my post, if you delete yours.

All I was trying to do was to show you that your comment on why 'anyone' should feel sad, was 'a bit off'.

I have never even used the word 'anyone' in this thread, what are you referring to?

That aside.
    I've already seen today that you don't have much time for Irish funerals or for dead people but for someone who doesn't have much time for the dead you've written a huge amount of posts dismissing anyone who posts anything that seems remotely like human sympathy. Interesting.

Maybe I am a sociopath? Does that mean I need to 'cop on' or is it simply that our levels of empathy are different. I have no empathy for a dead law-breaking developer, you appear to have some. Does that mean I should be scolded? I rather think not.

You are welcome. It was meant sincerely.
    Cool

The rest of the post
    Not worth any more of my time on this but I'm posting to give you the courtesy of acknowledging that.

Madsl, you're just being pointlessly rude. He's dead, your comments won't affect him one bit. I imagine he's beyond caring. I was just tipping my cap. You're tilting at windmills tbh.

I was just tipping my cap.
    and got caught telling lies......

Madsl, you're just being pointlessly rude. He's dead, your comments won't affect him one bit. I imagine he's beyond caring. I was just tipping my cap. You're tilting at windmills tbh.

Just stating the truth about the man. That's all.

• Advertisement

and got caught telling lies......

That's your version. I can't be bothered arguing. Nothing will be gained.

Not worth any more of my time on this but I'm posting to give you the courtesy of acknowledging that.

Edited my previous post out of respect.

Moving on.

That's your version.
    Well post links proving otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

I don't know much about Jim Mansfield but some of the comments here are very distasteful.
    The name of the thread is Jim Mansfield rip, yet it has turned into a bitch fest on what he did or didn't do. Clearly it was set up as a condolences thread, which is fair enough. Should someone decide to post a thread titled "Jim Mansfield I want to rant about him" then that would be fair enough because would have a fair idea of what I would expect to read if I decided to click into it.
    I'm sure his family aren't looking at boards now, but there is a chance they may see it in the next few weeks or months.
    Regardless of what opinion you have of this family, do you not think they may be upset reading some of the comments?
    If it was your father or mother would you not feel very hurt if you read something like this online about them?
    I've no doubt his family are under no illusions as to what he did or who he was in the eyes of the public. However there is probably a "private" Jim we know nothing of that only his family are privy to & I've no doubt they are missing that man tonight.

user2012 wrote: »
    Waffle

tl;dr

all i got was
    I don't know much about Jim Mansfield

• Advertisement

tl;dr

all i got was

That's fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my post wasn't that long at all.
    If I was to write a post giving out about him would that have been too long to read too?

That's fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    thats grand
    If I was to write a post giving out about him would that have been too long to read too?
    Yes...only got past the first line before the wall of text got the better of me :)

As for a condolence thread..AH aint the place for it and it certainly isnt a place to post an RIP thread on a failed developer in considering the economic climate we are all living .

thats grand

Yes...only got past the first line before the wall of text got the better of me :)

As for a condolence thread..AH aint the place for it and it certainly isnt a place to post an RIP thread on a failed developer in considering the economic climate we are all living .

In a sense I agree with you. But I can also see that regardless of who or what he was he has a family that are suffering his loss whether we like it or not. And plenty of other people have passed on today & will tomorrow that won't get their own condolences thread. But I suppose the op started it because he is a public figure or a man that was well known.
    AH can offer its condolences if the person who has passed is deemed as fit for it. However given all that has happened in the last few years we seem to latch onto an opportunity to rant & rave about someone who is, shall we say less than whiter than white, given the chance. Bitterness is a terrible thing, but given all that has happened I genuinely can't see how the general public can't be anything but bitter.
    I'm not saying people's feelings are entirely wrong but it just doesn't seem appropriate given the title of the thread.

In a sense I agree with you. But I can also see that regardless of who or what he was he has a family that are suffering his loss whether we like it or not. And plenty of other people have passed on today & will tomorrow that won't get their own condolences thread. But I suppose the op started it because he is a public figure or a man that was well known.
    AH can offer its condolences if the person who has passed is deemed as fit for it. However given all that has happened in the last few years we seem to latch onto an opportunity to rant & rave about someone who is, shall we say less than whiter than white, given the chance. Bitterness is a terrible thing, but given all that has happened I genuinely can't see how the general public can't be anything but bitter.
    I'm not saying people's feelings are entirely wrong but it just doesn't seem appropriate given the title of the thread.

use paragraphs to make your points,its still hard to read.

The vast majority dont give a sh1t how he behaved with his family.Im sure his wife thought he was the best ride ever and his sons thought he was the best dad ever.

But, for everybody else he was a con.He built willy nilly and ignored the laws of the land while making himself a nice fortune.And then lost it all.300 million.Which we are paying for now.

And then some clown makes an RIP thread about him.I dont care if he died in his sleep or in pure pain,his public legacy sets him as a person to be rightfully condemed as one of them.A greedy man out to better himself and fuk everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

thats grand

And someone whose private airport and private jet was used to import vast amounts of heroin and cocaine into the country. Of course poor auld Jim knew nothing about it as he was too busy getting things done.

The vast majority dont give a sh1t how he behaved with his family.Im sure his wife thought he was the best ride ever and his sons thought he was the best dad ever.

But, for everybody else he was a con.He built willy nilly and ignored the laws of the land while making himself a nice fortune.And then lost it all.300 million.Which we are paying for now.

And then some clown makes an RIP thread about him.I dont care if he died in his sleep or in pure pain,his public legacy sets him as a person to be rightfully condemed as one of them.A greedy man out to better himself and fuk everyone else.

I used paragraphs. Apologies if it's not to your liking.

And someone whose private airport and private jet was used to import vast amounts of heroin and cocaine into the country. Of course poor auld Jim knew nothing about it as he was too busy getting things done.

ah yes forgot about that.

But he was only renting it all out(lol). its not his fault his rented ownings were used for that(lol).

I used paragraphs. Apologies if it's not to your liking.
    Nearly there , try putting a space between them.

Really?

Really?

ah you're back!

Any links to prove you aint full of sh1te?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Any updates?

Still dead thankfully.

Still dead thankfully.

Yes, but any updates regarding exposing his dealings?

Incident in Lucan last night, not sure if it's connected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

porsche959 wrote: »

Doubt Jim Mansfield had anything to do with that.

Yes, but any updates regarding exposing his dealings?

No news stories yet anyway. Given his political connections and close relationship with the media I wouldn't hold my breath,

Lapin wrote: »
    Doubt Jim Mansfield had anything to do with that.

With what?

No news stories yet anyway. Given his political connections and close relationship with the media I wouldn't hold my breath,

Which political connections?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

With what?

With any incidents in Lucan last night.

• Advertisement

Tick, tock.

Sunday World expose into Mansfields tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement