Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a walking stick in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm disabled with variable mobility and often a walking stick would help for support. I've Googled and can't find the website of a shop in the city that sells walking sticks of the type I'm seeking (with prices shown). Light, foldable and height adjustable. I'm reliant on public transport to get around.

Anyone know of an outlet with a reasonable selection of walking sticks? (I know there's lots on offer online, but I need to try out a few, to know which one's best for me)

Cheers
    Max

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Murrays Medical on Talbot St might be the place you are looking for?

http://www.murrays.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know it's a bit far out (but there is a Dublin Bus stop opposite) but my dad got one in the Orchard Home and Garden centre in Celbridge last week - lots o types

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gertrude2

I think I got mine in Arnotts, but that was some years ago now. It's telescopic and foldable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Arnotts is definitely worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Reap3r

Bought one for my wife at the Boots in the Jervis centre yesterday. Telescopic & collapsible, cost €19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Thanks for all your help guys. Hugely appreciated!
    Probably hit Talbot St & Boots tomorrow to see
    what they have.
    Max :)

Advertisement