Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Man City BT1 *Do NOT request links for streams*

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

City getting all the calls this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

More questionable decision in favour of Man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Game over.

City getting away with murder again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

rob316 wrote: »
    The officiating has been terrible this season in the big games.
    City probably would have won but that decision was shocking

I thought spurs were looking good for a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Edit: Will admit it wasn't as clear a peno as I first thought

As in, it wasn't a peno at all? Come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

OUTRAGEOUS decision by the linesman, one of the worst I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How many games is that now where City have being handed a goal or had one disallowed against them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Harsh red but I don't think the linesman should get flak for the offside call. Adb was inches from touching it and Eriksson (sp?) fizzed it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

RasTa wrote: »
    How many games is that now where City have being handed a goal or had one disallowed against them?

I believe every single game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, went to get a drink at 1-0, came back to find I missed 2 goals and a red card :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Jernal wrote: »
    Harsh red but I don't think the linesman should get flak for the offside call. Adb was inches from touching it and Eriksson (sp?) fizzed it in.

Linesman has said he ruled because of Dawson, nothing to do with Adebayor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Harsh red but I don't think the linesman should get flak for the offside call.

If he was going to give a foul he had to give a red, it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Lucky that offside was the correct call anyways so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Eriksen really is such a classy player. Wish we could have had him at Liverpool.

Lucky that offside was the correct call anyways so.

BfLL_57IQAAobjq.jpg

• Advertisement

BfLL_57IQAAobjq.jpg

Adebeyor.

Don't know who the linesman spoke to but you missed my point. If Adebayor touched it Dawson was offside. Linesman may have thought there was a second phase from the free kick. Incredibly difficult call to get right. As Adebayor is inches away from touching it. He may even have, we just don't have the proper camera to conclusively show either way.

Adebeyor.

Wasn't a factor as I have already stated.
    Don't know who the linesman spoke to but you missed my point. If Adebayor touched it Dawson was offside. Linesman may have thought there was a second phase from the free kick.

Linesman spoke to BT Sport at halftime. He didn't, he gave it cos he thought Dawson was offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Eriksen really is such a classy player. Wish we could have had him at Liverpool.

We got a fella coutinho who isnt so bad!

Linesman spoke to BT Sport at halftime. He didn't, he gave it cos he thought Dawson was offside.

Since when do referees get interviewed like that?:confused: Anyway, did he specify if it was directly from Eriksson's cross or whether he thought there was touch.

• Advertisement

Wasn't a factor as I have already stated.

Interfering with play. Unless the rules have changed, it's the correct call.

Interfering with play. Unless the rules have changed, it's the correct call.

The linesman said his decision wasn't based on Adebayor interfering. Can only take his word for it. Didn't see a touch from Adebayor myself.

The linesman said his decision wasn't based on Adebayor interfering. Can only take his word for it. Didn't see a touch from Adebayor myself.

As i said. Either way, it (offside) was the correct call. Even if he did get it arseways.

Get in Jovetic!

Spurs made it easy for him to be fair

Vinny Kompany 5 :D

Well deserved, he's been brilliant today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pretty sure AVB where ever he is will have a nice big smile on his face tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I thought Spurs were hard done by tonight.
    I disagree with the offside call. Everybody says how tough a call it is to make. Well I say if thats so then they're supposed to go in favour of the attacker.

And then the penalty / sending off. Well he clearly got the ball didn't he? Regardless of that I must say the defender conducted himself really really well after the card was shown. Don't see that much these days.

Would it have changed anything? Maybe it would have.

Advertisement