Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Lyon

Options
  • 29-01-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi! I'm aware that there are a few posts on this area, however, they seemed from a long time ago and I still have a few questions.

I'm looking to rent an apartment in ballynakelly. The area doesnt look to good to be honest, but the apartment, despise the size and weird lay out is well kept, and the landlord seemed very nice.
    My main concerns though are public transport. My husband works in town so driving isnt a great idea. Are there any buses other than the 68? Are the bus stop even near this area? Is it easy enough to travel into town?

The 2 time we drove through the state, it seemed quiet, but how is the area really? is it rough? I need to give an answer within the next few days and I'm a bit worried because I've know nothing about the location and wouldnt like to commit to a year and find out any surprises.

Thanks in advance!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

There's only the 68 from Newcastle. Another option might be drive to Red Cow and take Luas from there to town. The 68 stop is close to Ballynakelly (the 68 used to terminate there when I was a kid and when Ballynakelly was just 7 or 8 houses in a cul de sac. Now the 68 continues to Greenogue industrial estate.)

The estate looks sh!te in parts because the developer went bust and has left unfinished blocks, but Newcastle itself is fine. You won't have any problems there but remember that there's not a lot happening in Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thebiglad

You can also get luas from Saggart or Citywest (both 2 miles from Newcastle), parking is free and given the additional time to get to Red Cow or from there it is a better option anyhow - especially when the work on Newlands Cross really gets under way

There is a private bus to the city centre from Rathcoole and Saggart to the city centre.

So long as you have a car Newcastle is a nice place to live, we have Tesco up in Naas and Dunnes in Citywest and Saggart for main shopping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thebiglad

izzyflusky wrote: »
    Hi! I'm aware that there are a few posts on this area, however, they seemed from a long time ago and I still have a few questions.

I'm looking to rent an apartment in ballynakelly. The area doesnt look to good to be honest, but the apartment, despise the size and weird lay out is well kept, and the landlord seemed very nice.
    My main concerns though are public transport. My husband works in town so driving isnt a great idea. Are there any buses other than the 68? Are the bus stop even near this area? Is it easy enough to travel into town?

The 2 time we drove through the state, it seemed quiet, but how is the area really? is it rough? I need to give an answer within the next few days and I'm a bit worried because I've know nothing about the location and wouldnt like to commit to a year and find out any surprises.

Thanks in advance!:p

It is not rough, if anything the village is quiet, sure a few of the teens hang out but definitely the quiet type :D

Bus stops for Newcastle at that estate are either side of the Texaco Garage - the times of the buses isn't great and since the network reorganisation it is a long route. As I said in my previous post, Luas, Private bus or 69 (x) from Rathcoole all good options.

Advertisement