Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card letter of closure - anyone got one?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Im going to pay off my AIB visa card and close the account. I need a letter of closure from the bank but am wondering what it will have exactly on the letter. As in will they say what my last balance was and the date it was closed on. Or just something along the lines of 'this letter confirms credit card number.. blah blah blah.. is paid in full and closed' with not much specifics. They said they would send me out a final statement too. Could do with the letter not having anything on it as I was supposed to pay this in full and close a while back :-O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seems a popular question. Here's one of a few days ago; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82797417

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

the_syco wrote: »
    Seems a popular question. Here's one of a few days ago; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82797417

Or even a year ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Or even a year ago :p
    A year and a week ago. I'm still in the "it says 2013, it's this year" mindset :P:o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rmckeown

I was looking to see what is actually stated on the letter you get from AIB when you close it. Does it say what the final balance was and when it was paid in full and closed? not sure if anyone would know this :-O

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

rmckeown wrote: »
    I was looking to see what is actually stated on the letter you get from AIB when you close it. Does it say what the final balance was and when it was paid in full and closed? not sure if anyone would know this :-O

no, it just confirms the card is closed and that the Government levy is paid up to date. If you move to another card, you can give them this letter so you don't have to pay another €30 levy in the same year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 rmckeown

cheers thanks for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Is this letter sent out automatically when you pay final balance and gov fee? I paid my final balance and closed the account last week and they never mentioned anything about a letter, they just said I could destroy the card.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is this letter sent out automatically when you pay final balance and gov fee? I paid my final balance and closed the account last week and they never mentioned anything about a letter, they just said I could destroy the card.

With AvantCard I was sent this out automatically. I think you can just request it though, maybe some don't send them out unless requested.

Advertisement