Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blogger or wordpress

Options
  • 29-01-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

In terms of SEO which blog should I use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Whichever one you will write the most original content on. That will have more impact on your SEO than any differences between the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Whichever one you will write the most original content on. That will have more impact on your SEO than any differences between the products.

+10

Good quality content, updated regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

mayo.mick wrote: »
    +10

Good quality content, updated regularly.

can you quantify regularly?
    daily-weekly-monthly??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

bbam wrote: »
    can you quantify regularly?
    daily-weekly-monthly??

At the very least, once a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

You would have much better control over everything in wordpress. i personally prefer self-hosted wordpress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Whichever platform you use make sure you use your own domain.
    Otherwise you're just promoting someone else's domain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

^ Make sure you register your own domain. I'm quite fond of Wordpress, but it's the one I primarily work in so you could say I'm biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

I have only used it for a very small site myself but SquareSpace appears to be getting better also. If you are technically challenged, it is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There's a lot of options out there these days. Some free, some paid. If you use your own domain you can always move from one to another - though you might not be able to move your content easily.

Advertisement