Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duplicate images

Options
  • 29-01-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I am planning on creating more webpages for my site. I was considering using images that have already been used on previous pages on the new pages. How would Google view this? Would it be seen as duplicate content?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

No. You should use the same images on your website instead of uploading a new image of the same thing over and over again for each of your webpages. That would be a waste of resources. Google would not rank your site down if you have duplicate content from your own website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bizinchina

Try subscribing to Matt Cutts web master tools YouTube channel for more information. But I remember seeing video where here says that have the same image doesn't count as duplicate content. But I would take a note of caution when adding the same "alt" tag on the same page

Advertisement