Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I leave job before 4 weeks notice up even though I didn't have to give 4 weeks.

Options
  • 29-01-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm covering maternity and i have never experienced the awful way I have been talked to from day 1 from manager and staff.in all my years working I have never met people like them.so I gave my notice 2 weeks ago and want to leave ASAP.i have another job lined up which I can start straight away.what are peoples thoughts?i am stressed every single day morning till night over the situation.Also the work is unreal pressure and nobody would bother to assist me,feel I am only 1 working half the time.im looking forward to new job,and just know it will be so much better than currently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

wivonnee wrote: »
    I'm covering maternity and i have never experienced the awful way I have been talked to from day 1 from manager and staff.in all my years working I have never met people like them.so I gave my notice 2 weeks ago and want to leave ASAP.i have another job lined up which I can start straight away.what are peoples thoughts?i am stressed every single day morning till night over the situation.

just go no money is worth stress like that
    theirs no law against quitting a job

Just go. If you're only covering Maternity leave, one week is enough. Good Luck in the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wivonnee

jimboblep wrote: »
    just go no money is worth stress like that
    theirs no law against quitting a job

Thanks,the boss interviewing people now anyway so I'm sure they will be ignorant and intimidating to the new person,I won't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

wivonnee wrote: »
    I'm covering maternity and i have never experienced the awful way I have been talked to from day 1 from manager and staff.in all my years working I have never met people like them.so I gave my notice 2 weeks ago and want to leave ASAP.i have another job lined up which I can start straight away.what are peoples thoughts?i am stressed every single day morning till night over the situation.Also the work is unreal pressure and nobody would bother to assist me,feel I am only 1 working half the time.im looking forward to new job,and just know it will be so much better than currently.

Nobody should feel like that. However I would raise your issues with management first and if nothing changes then walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wivonnee

smcgiff wrote: »
    Nobody should feel like that. However I would raise your issues with management first and if nothing changes then walk.

Oh I have but very ignorant.im just glad I have a job to go to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Go and do not be guilty about going. Thank God you have another job and are not dependent on the whims of ignorant people in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A weeks notice is long enough OP, and leave with your head held high.

I worked in a similar environment in my last job and was so so happy the day I finally got a new job. Everybody said I should say something to them about their behaviour on my last day but really there's no point. They are not going to change and will just think that you are the odd one!

Enjoy your new job - I've never looked back since I left my hellhole!!

Advertisement