Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

3582_257d_500.jpeg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

3582_257d_500.jpeg

:pac:

Kind of sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

My parents have done the same thing for the last 10 years. They got each other 2 cards that they both loved that year and decided to do it.

As said above, its sweet seeing the years now listed on the card, and its a Xmas tradition now, along with various decorations etc that have been in the family for years, not stinge but nostalgic I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

millionaire shinners cutting off a clamp instead of paying the fine.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

silverharp wrote: »
    millionaire shinners cutting off a clamp instead of paying the fine.

Millionaire?? Get a grip. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Buying a small safe and leaving it in the communal fridge at work, stingy or genius?

vu7DBZ9.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Thargor wrote: »
    Buying a small safe and leaving it in the communal fridge at work, stingy or genius?

vu7DBZ9.jpg

Ingenious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Thargor wrote:

It depends. Is it for money or food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I would steal the entire safe in that case, just because.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

its probably only there because of other stinges that kept taking stuff that didn't belong to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,811 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'd do that because of miserable food thieves. Either that or poison them.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

pilly wrote: »
    It depends. Is it for money or food?

It's used for cold, hard cash :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

only 999 different combinations to open it, be cracked before the end of the month imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

montyrebel wrote: »
    only 999 different combinations to open it, be cracked before the end of the month imo

1000, dont be stingey.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unless they reset it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

everlast75 wrote: »
    It's used for cold, hard cash :pac:

I'm guessing it's for assets that have been frozen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I'm guessing it's for assets that have been frozen

Maybe the owner just likes to put their money where their mouth is....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭blue note

My hurling club ran a sports predictor and a lad in my office won it. It was probably about €10 entry and he got €350 back from it. Then we were running a Christmas Raffle at the same time as we were giving out the prizes. €2 a ticket - I assumed he'd buy a tenners worth since he'd just had the good fortune from the club. Na, he was alright. Not even a token €2 ticket.

On the other side of it, the guy who came 2nd in the sports predictor won about €80 and with no affiliation to the club said put it back into the club and bought raffle tickets with it. He then won the raffle - I think it was €400 that year! He kept that. I thought putting the €80 back in was exceptionally generous, so was delighted to see him win the raffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

blue note wrote: »
    My hurling club ran a sports predictor and a lad in my office won it. It was probably about €10 entry and he got €350 back from it. Then we were running a Christmas Raffle at the same time as we were giving out the prizes. €2 a ticket - I assumed he'd buy a tenners worth since he'd just had the good fortune from the club. Na, he was alright. Not even a token €2 ticket.

On the other side of it, the guy who came 2nd in the sports predictor won about €80 and with no affiliation to the club said put it back into the club and bought raffle tickets with it. He then won the raffle - I think it was €400 that year! He kept that. I thought putting the €80 back in was exceptionally generous, so was delighted to see him win the raffle.

Like when you win money in the bookies and Paddy Power calls you a stingy bastard for not throwing the winnings down on a 150-1 horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

you buy raffle tickets from a club to support them

whereas you bet in PP to make money. fools!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Not sure if this counts as stingey or just plain loopy. I was walking down a quiet residential street in town ...up ahead of me there was a teenage girl about 17 maybe walking in same direction. The bins had just been collected and were scattered about outside the kerb. Without breaking stride as she passed one of the bins she lifted a lid and dropped something into the bin and walked on. It was literally a wrapper or a tissue from what could see and instabtly thought to myself ...well fair play ...A teenager with a bit of manners rather than dropping it at her foot.

At this point she cut diagonally across the road and as she did im reaching the bin as the guy who lived in the house was just coming out to take bin in. He'd seen her doing it , glanced in bin and starts hollering after her. Excuse me excuse me ...ye can take your rubbish home with ya ...do ya think it's my job to provide you with blah blah blah. I looked back and she's looking at him like he's crazy and then turned and walked on. In hindsight I wish I'd gone back and told him to get himself some real ****ing problems. What a miserable twat like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,811 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Not sure if this counts as stingey or just plain loopy. I was walking down a quiet residential street in town ...up ahead of me there was a teenage girl about 17 maybe walking in same direction. The bins had just been collected and were scattered about outside the kerb. Without breaking stride as she passed one of the bins she lifted a lid and dropped something into the bin and walked on. It was literally a wrapper or a tissue from what could see and instabtly thought to myself ...well fair play ...A teenager with a bit of manners rather than dropping it at her foot.

At this point she cut diagonally across the road and as she did im reaching the bin as the guy who lived in the house was just coming out to take bin in. He'd seen her doing it , glanced in bin and starts hollering after her. Excuse me excuse me ...ye can take your rubbish home with ya ...do ya think it's my job to provide you with blah blah blah. I looked back and she's looking at him like he's crazy and then turned and walked on. In hindsight I wish I'd gone back and told him to get himself some real ****ing problems. What a miserable twat like.

I leave my bins out by the side of the road full-time. The very odd time I've looked in before I put my bags in and seen the chip wrappers, coffee cups and coke cans of some passing car occupants. So far it's never been a problem as it doesn't amount to much, and I'd rather they did that than lob it out the window like most messy twats.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

That guy us broke though!!

And you know this how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

And you know this how?

Cos he said so!
    Anyone heading to Dublin city from Galway city tomorrow (between 6:30am- 8am) that I could get a lift with? I can't afford to fork out €25 for a bus ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I read his posts as he just doesn't want to pay the full €25 for return

A return ticket costs €25 with GoBus (I need to be back in Galway City tomorrow night), so if I can get a lift I will save money. I've bought a return ticket before, it's just too costly. Thank you anyway.

nothing stingy about that. he is upfront and asking for a favor .
    its not like asking for a few pints in the pub , he might need to get there but cant afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It’s part of my job to visit some out of the way places. I’m talking down country lanes, up bog roads and across some fields.

It never ceases to amaze me where people will fly tip their rubbish. These are lovely unspoiled areas and someone’s dragged a fridge or some old furniture and fcuked them into a ditch.

It struck me even more this morning when I went out with a car full of old stuff to our local recycling center and was charged the princely sum of €7.

Not only are people who fly tip their rubbish, absolute scum IMO, they’re also scabby bastards.

• Advertisement

It’s part of my job to visit some out of the way places. I’m talking down country lanes, up bog roads and across some fields.

It never ceases to amaze me where people will fly tip their rubbish. These are lovely unspoiled areas and someone’s dragged a fridge or some old furniture and fcuked them into a ditch.

It struck me even more this morning when I went out with a car full of old stuff to our local recycling center and was charged the princely sum of €7.

Not only are people who fly tip their rubbish, absolute scum IMO, they’re also scabby bastards.

i can understand why a scumbag would dump a bag of rubbish but stuff like cans, bottles, and fridges are recycled free of charge. it is more work to drive out to the countryside and fire it into a ditch than go to the center and drop them off

Advertisement