Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭valoren

what a rollercoaster

Truly a 'faith in humanity' restored thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anyone have the I found a safe in my house thread!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Let us not stinge with the legendary threads. And any list is not complete with the adventures of a certain Feeky Magee.

Feeky was 17, was getting grinds off an Irish teacher in her 20's and asked the good and wise burghers of After Hours should he try and shift her.

Legendary Stuff indeed........... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055760092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Greybottle wrote: »
    Let us not stinge with the legendary threads. And any list is not complete with the adventures of a certain Feeky Magee.

Feeky was 17, was getting grinds off an Irish teacher in her 20's and asked the good and wise burghers of After Hours should he try and shift her.

Legendary Stuff indeed........... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055760092

Haha, got as far as post 6 and then spat my tea out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

that thread would get a lockdown now after 6 posts

#metoo

stingy mod feckers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Notorious Stingebag i know was in a chipper getting food for 3 people. One of the orders was a snackbox for his mate.

He stole one of the pieces of chicken and when his pal got home ohh they gave me just 1 piece of chicken Im not arsed driving back.

Stinge had the piece of chicken hidden in his jacket wrapped in paper!.

Same guy would cycle literally about 3/4 kilometres out of his way to garage for a chicken fillet roll as it was 50 cent cheaper than local deli which was beside the office he worked in.

hed spend his whole lunch cycling only to return sweating with a cold fillet roll!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

montyrebel wrote: »
    i still like the story of the guest that **** all over the reception, hope I am remembering right and it was on here somewhere and not reddit etc

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057226301/1/#post90747832

It ended up on reddit too i think.
    On the plus side it's nearly my 4 year anniversary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bosco13

Working in a charity shop that's having a half price sale before the summer stock change.
    When she's putting out new stuff, the manager puts double the normal price then told me not to tell customers about the sale if they don't already know about it and are about to pay the full amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭4Ad

Bosco13 wrote: »
    Working in a charity shop that's having a half price sale before the summer stock change.
    When she's putting out new stuff, the manager puts double the normal price then told me not to tell customers about the sale if they don't already know about it and are about to pay the full amount.

And it's a 'Charity' shop ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I think that's common practice in mostly all shops these days...f*** sale tricks:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

PandaPoo wrote: »
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057226301/1/#post90747832

It ended up on reddit too i think.
    On the plus side it's nearly my 4 year anniversary :D

Yeah, reading that post, that definitely didn't happen. OP a stingy **** with the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

charity shops are not what they used to be. big business now, apart from te really local small town ones. V de P still OK but oxfam and rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Yeah, reading that post, that definitely didn't happen. OP a stingy **** with the truth.

It was my wedding.. .if you read on in the thread some boards members who were there also posted to say it was 100% true.

Ring the hotel and ask, they'll tell you all about the new carpets I bought them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

There should be a classics thread on here.For all the great stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There is and it was stickied for years. Here it is https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792927

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

To report more about said wedding: My friend told me that the bride didn't sort out breakfast. They are starting at 6am. Their dinner is at 6pm.
    There are loads of local people who would do it p1ss cheap. The reason why the bride didn't sort it out was "ah they don't need breakfast, we just have some drinks". The neck of her, I actually felt so sorry for my friend that I offered her to whip up some breakfast and drop it over the her and the other BM because they'd just faint without food.
    Of course there aren't canapes either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Italian pesto sold by UK supermarkets contains substitute and often cheaper ingredients, an investigation by consumer group Which? has found.
    All the standard pestos, aside from Waitrose's £1.35 version, used thickeners such as potato flakes, nut flour, vegetable oil and bamboo fibres.

Marks and Spencer's standard jar, the most expensive at £2.10, contained carrot fibres.

Culinary-map-Europe-Italy.jpg
    from https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Prejudice-Complete-Stereotype-Collection/dp/1515275221?tag=brilliantmaps-20

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

First post in this thread and it just happened a hour ago roughly.

Myself and my parents were in dunnes at the checkout after unloading a trolley full of stuff. We were behind a man who just paid for his stuff and was going through the recipt. He immediately inturupts the cashier and argues with her about a 6 pack of water costing him 3.15 and according to him shouldve been €2. He was talking down to her about it and she called a manager to check incase. Manager came and went off and after 10 minutes or so she came back over with the offer slip and pointed out that he has the wrong brand for the deal.
    Obviously anyone would apologise but no he wanted it for 2.50 for the "bother". 🙄
    She said she cant and he dropped the water pack in her hands and told her "put em back then!".
    No apologies to the cashier after arguing over paying a extra €1!
    Also forgot to mention he opened the pack and gave one to his daughter! 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Count Down wrote: »
    Used to know this tight fecker who wouldn't pay the adult fare on the buses until he was 20. He only gave up because the conductors stopped believing him when he used to try to convince them he was only 15!

There was a fake ID template on the server in school. I printed myself off 2. One to say I was 15 for cheap bus fares and one to say I was 18 for nightclubs.

Half cut one night I walked up to the bouncer in a club and bauld as brass handed him my ID. The bouncer looked at and said ‘what’s this?’. I I gad given him the one that said I was 15. I told him that was just for the busses and then handed him the second ID to try to prove I was 18.

He roared laughing and told me i wasn’t getting in. In fairness he gave me back both IDs. I got away with that for ages. The brass neck of a young fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Fuko200 wrote: »

Myself and my parents were in dunnes at the checkout after unloading a trolley full of stuff. We were behind a man who just paid for his stuff and was going through the recipt. He immediately inturupts the cashier and argues with her about a 6 pack of water costing him 3.15 and according to him shouldve been €2. He was talking down to her about it and she called a manager to check incase. Manager came and went off and after 10 minutes or so she came back over with the offer slip and pointed out that he has the wrong brand for the deal.
    Obviously anyone would apologise but no he wanted it for 2.50 for the "bother". ��
    She said she cant and he dropped the water pack in her hands and told her "put em back then!".
    Also forgot to mention he opened the pack and gave one to his daughter! ��
    He deserves a box. What a knobend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dealing with the public has to be one of the toughest most draining jobs out there.

They just keep chipping away until something inside you dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Fuko200 wrote: »

Obviously anyone would apologise but no he wanted it for 2.50 for the "bother". ��
    Also forgot to mention he opened the pack and gave one to his daughter! ��

What a horrible human being, you'd feel like thumping them kinda arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Homer

I know if it was me in the q behind him I certainly wouldn’t stand there and let him speak to her like that. What a pr1ck.. and he will only ever speak to a female cashier like that generally.. bully

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

Homer wrote: »

I know if it was me in the q behind him I certainly wouldn’t stand there and let him speak to her like that. What a pr1ck.. and he will only ever speak to a female cashier like that generally.. bully

I would have spoken up more about it but my anxiety got the best off me. When he was leaving i muttered the c word enough for him to hopefully hear me. Even the cashier was facepalming at how ridiculous it was over a bloody euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Dealing with the public has to be one of the toughest most draining jobs out there.

It is absolutely exhausting nowadays. Anyway I used to live with a girl with a brother who was a right hungry fcuk. A miserable bollocks who wouldn’t give you the steam off his piss. He’d come over scrounging food etc and generally being miserable twat. So it turned out that he washed his passport. Instead of replacing it he tried to fly on it. Made it as far as the gate I believe and was sent packing. Stung for €300 or €400 for a rebooking. I was absolutely delighted when I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I recently turned down a chance to move from the warehouse to the sales office purely so I didn't have to deal with the public. I do have to deal with them occasionally, and there are some who you would wonder how they manage to dress themselves in the morning.

For anyone interested the ranting & Raving forum has a brilliant thread about retail. On gaining access to that forum I spent 6 hours reading every post.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057757954
    Apply here for access. Read the first post before requesting

CRITERIA FOR ACCESS
    A minimum of 50 posts on boards.ie
    A minimum of 3 months on boards.ie
    A relatively clean record (this is at the mods discretion)

Subscribers bypass the time and postcount restrictions (please mention in your request if you are a subscriber). Please note that the moderators decision is final with respect to access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,986 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is Sunday, there are far more nice people in queues and so on than there are knobheads. But unfortunately it is the idiots that cause ructions.

Anyway. Keep the faith or whatever.

More stinge needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Conspectus wrote: »
    For anyone interested the ranting & Raving forum has a brilliant thread about retail. On gaining access to that forum I spent 6 hours reading every post.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106729179#post106729179
    Apply here for access. Read the first post before requesting

CRITERIA FOR ACCESS
    A minimum of 50 posts on boards.ie
    A minimum of 3 months on boards.ie
    A relatively clean record (this is at the mods discretion)

Subscribers bypass the time and postcount restrictions (please mention in your request if you are a subscriber). Please note that the moderators decision is final with respect to access.

I would like to join but comes up error 404.... Does that mean I'm a douchebag or something¿¿

• Advertisement

I would like to join but comes up error 404.... Does that mean I'm a douchebag or something¿¿

Updated my post.

Advertisement