Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Access please

Access granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

The once famous Benny Hill in an interview said he used to bring home used pieces of soap whenever he stayed in hotels.
    He said he was being 'frugal' but considering the money he was making I'd say he was just plain tight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I never really have any epic stingy stories but a friend of mine really got on my nerves at the weekend with his stinginess.
    We have games nights regularly with a group of 8 people and rotate the hosts between 2 couples houses as we have the most room for everyone. Regardless of whether the game is at our house or the other couples' we'll always bring along snacks for everyone. Usually everyone brings some sort of snacks to the nights so there's a sugar overload but it's great. One guy who comes to the nights never brings snacks but just eats everything in sight as fast as he can without even a thanks. He brought stuff to our night on Saturday and we were shocked. Instead of sharing them out though, he kept it all in his own bag at his feet for the whole night. Ate everyone else's stuff as usual, but in between would sneak out his own tube of pringles and have a few crisps out of it, then put it back in the bag. Brought the bag home with him at the end of the night too. I was disgusted. :rolleyes:
    What a tragic existence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

What a tragic existence

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine.. do they care anyone notices? Not a bit.

Funny how they cost in more ways than one as you waste precious emotional energy on them feeling pi$$ed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Homer wrote:
    I know if it was me in the q behind him I certainly wouldn’t stand there and let him speak to her like that. What a pr1ck.. and he will only ever speak to a female cashier like that generally.. bully

Most people don't though, you can tell they wish they said something but never do, mist people are too polite and avoid conflict.

I've only ever had the opportunity to defend a cashier once ( I work in retail and have grown to hate the public).

The tight bastard was going nuts as his change had been rounded down from 2.07 to 2.05 and cashier had no 2c in till.
    In the middle of his rant I took 20c and threw it to the floor at his feet saying you obviously need it more than I do mate, but now piss off I'm in a rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I never really have any epic stingy stories but a friend of mine really got on my nerves at the weekend with his stinginess.
    We have games nights regularly with a group of 8 people and rotate the hosts between 2 couples houses as we have the most room for everyone. Regardless of whether the game is at our house or the other couples' we'll always bring along snacks for everyone. Usually everyone brings some sort of snacks to the nights so there's a sugar overload but it's great. One guy who comes to the nights never brings snacks but just eats everything in sight as fast as he can without even a thanks. He brought stuff to our night on Saturday and we were shocked. Instead of sharing them out though, he kept it all in his own bag at his feet for the whole night. Ate everyone else's stuff as usual, but in between would sneak out his own tube of pringles and have a few crisps out of it, then put it back in the bag. Brought the bag home with him at the end of the night too. I was disgusted. :rolleyes:

you all have to cut this person from your life, someone like that offers nothing, I couldn't put up with behavior like that and have cut these kind of people from my life numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You all need to do this at teh next game night.Put all of your own snacks in a bag at your feet.And just eat your own,if he says anything just say since he did it the last timeThats whats going to be happening from her on in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

dubstarr wrote: »
    You all need to do this at teh next game night.Put all of your own snacks in a bag at your feet.And just eat your own,if he says anything just say since he did it the last timeThats whats going to be happening from her on in

Or just call him out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

Wheres the fun in that:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

This is Ireland man, we don’t call people out on stuff in real life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

This is Ireland man, we don’t call people out on stuff in real life :)

I can tell you, in my experience if a lad is shy in buying his round we wouldn't be long in calling him out on it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Graces7 wrote: »
    You mean you HAVE to be nasty about everyone and everything? That is terrible. Truly terrible. Negative...
    Nope. It's R&R - Ranting and Raving. You can start a thread praising something and no one is allowed to post saying that it's rubbish. It's basically a forum where you can post your opinion without it being picked apart and is largely devoid of the arguments that clutter up AH. I think it's great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Tea in our canteen costs 50 cent. There's one guy who makes his tea in a little kitchenette upstairs & then brings it down to the canteen. Tight or wha?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Nope. It's R&R - Ranting and Raving. You can start a thread praising something

Erm, pretty sure it's only giving out that's allowed. It's even in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Nope. It's R&R - Ranting and Raving. You can start a thread praising something and no one is allowed to post saying that it's rubbish. It's basically a forum where you can post your opinion without it being picked apart and is largely devoid of the arguments that clutter up AH. I think it's great :D
    I need into that forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

HelgaWard wrote: »
    Tea in our canteen costs 50 cent. There's one guy who makes his tea in a little kitchenette upstairs & then brings it down to the canteen. Tight or wha?!!

My partner gets his own teabags, tea would be a Euro in their place. He drinks quite a lot of tea during the day, so that can add up if he had to buy every cup. Plenty of people in his office do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Erm, pretty sure it's only giving out that's allowed. It's even in the charter.
    Oops. I thought I'd seen the odd raving thread. Must be losing my memory!

I'd often have 10 cups of tea in the day when at work, a fiver a day soon adds up over the year. At 50 cent a pop I'd be spending over 1000 euro on tea at work so if in a similar situation I'd bring my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You are mistaking being frugal with being stingy.

That's almost €400 a year saved if hes having 3 cups a day in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You are mistaking being frugal with being stingy.

That's almost €400 a year saved if hes having 3 cups a day in work.

The man spends what he saves on tea for lotto though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The amount folk spend on eg coffee when out .. I take a flask with me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Expecting G_R to be posting in the TA thread soon about all the requests received lately. The next mods meeting will be interesting with daggers thrown Conspectus' way!!! :P

Oops. I thought I'd seen the odd raving thread. Must be losing my memory!

I think people mix up "ranting and raving" with raving as in the positive way. It's not positive and the forum clarified recently no positivity alllowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

We have free tea and coffee in work. I bring my own tea as I don't like the teabags that we have there.

Where does that put me?

Greybottle wrote: »
    We have free tea and coffee in work. I bring my own tea as I don't like the teabags that we have there.

Where does that put me?

The opposite of stingey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Where does that put me?

Being a happy individual..

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Greybottle wrote:

I also bring in my own, not mad about the teabags they provide, prefer mine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, yes. The neverending Barry's Vs. Lyons tea war... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Where does that put me?

Do you nip home at lunch for a dump if you don’t like the toilet roll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

New Home wrote:
    Ah, yes. The neverending Barry's Vs. Lyons tea war...

Aldi actually.

Advertisement