Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

rawn wrote: »
    You're thinking waaaay too much about it.

He's thinking way too much about it while at the same time he didn't think that maybe this 'scabby cow' of a woman might just be a struggling mother of five- father may not be on the scene .......

And a cvnt in front of her at the checkout is judging her and calling her names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

colossus-x wrote: »
    The thing is these people are a reminder of the dreariness and drudgery of life. You know - trying to pay the bills etc but one tries to get on it with, not dwell on it and do fun things and have fun in our lives. But these types of people dwell and revel in that drudgery. That's why I find them so repulsive.

You haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

D Trent wrote: »
    He's thinking way too much about it while at the same time he didn't think that maybe this 'scabby cow' of a woman might just be a struggling mother of five- father may not be on the scene .......

And a cvnt in front of her at the checkout is judging her and calling her names

How would you know what I though. I did think of that and I estimate she's a single scabby cow not struggling with kids in any way whatsoever. Fancy asking for someone else clubcard points - how pathetic is that. Your obviously that sort as well.
    You haven't a clue.

Care to elaborate? To scabby with the keystrokes ? Might use up to much electricity?

There are obviously scabby people monitoring this thread to defend themselves and their brothers ans sisters.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Being frugal is not the same as being stingy. Asking for your points was a bit forward of her but feck it, someone may as well get the points.

miamee wrote: »
    Being frugal is not the same as being stingy. Asking for your points was a bit forward of her but feck it, someone may as well get the points.

Being frugal is fine in itself however is it also a signal that one is scabby as well ! I know it is because I know people like that personally ! It wasn't just a bit forward , it was a way to forward - and only one who is consumed with scabbyness 24/7 would do such a thing. Nice try at defending your scabby sister but no cigar. It doesn't wash with me. Heard it all before excuses excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

She ain't my sister...I'm so scabby i have my own loyalty cards. AND I USE THEM FOR POINTS ON EVERY TRANSACTION, even the little ones :P

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Years ago worked in cosmetics,some lady used to come in (usually on my break/day off) and replace new lipstick with her empty old one!! This went on for ages,I could never catch her but spend my days looking at everyones lips to see if the colours were the replaced ones.I eventually was given permission to tape each lipstick,literally hundreds of them,with double tape on her two favourite colours.Just a thing that bugged me alot at the time :)

Being frugal is fine in itself however is it also a signal that one is scabby as well ! I know it is because I know people like that personally ! It wasn't just a bit forward , it was a way to forward - and only one who is consumed with scabbyness 24/7 would do such a thing. Nice try at defending your scabby sister but no cigar. It doesn't wash with me. Heard it all before excuses excuses.

I think you're taking the issue with your friend - which was a genuine issue - and projecting it onto everyone else you come across now.
    You need to let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

God forbid someone would look for free parking in town....

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think you're taking the issue with your friend - which was a genuine issue - and projecting it onto everyone else you come across now.
    You need to let it go

I don't agree with your assessment that i'm projecting it onto everyone else I see. My assessment of that woman in the supermarket was 100% correct. She's wasn't a struggling mother of 5 who was embarrassed to ask me for my clubpoints as someone else laughingly proposed - she was a scabby c** that unashamedly and brazenly asked me for my club points. The situation with my ex-friend did not have any influence in what I experienced today and neither did it make me see things I've would otherwise have overlooked. If someone asked you at the checkout for your clubcard points you wouldn't just forget it in an instant and carry on. You'd think that was a bit weird and tell someone in passing , and that's all I was doing here.

• Advertisement

"a bit weird" and "omg you scabby cnut how dare you buy anything discounted AND get points" are two different things

NufcNavan wrote: »

My ex-fried when staying with me in Dublin suggested we should go for a few beers in the evening. When we got to the city he made a beeline for Trintiy Collge student bar. We're both over 40. I was thrilled when we found it that it was closed.

I think thats' a better real-life example of the kind of thing I was talking about rather than the free-parking example I gave which I just made up for the sake of brevity ! Capiche ?

Oh and driving round and round the town for what feels like ages looking for a free parking spot and ending up parking in someones private driveway is no fun either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

colossus-x wrote:

Why didn't you just say no...?

"a bit weird" and "omg you scabby cnut how dare you buy anything discounted AND get points" are two different things

Not sure what you problem is but you surly have one.

cbyrd wrote: »
    Why didn't you just say no...?

What's that got to do with anything?

You know - trying to pay the bills etc but one tries to get on it with, not dwell on it and do fun things and have fun in our lives.

Where's the fun ;(

I'll add a stingy story.
    I got a tefal frying pan for half price in supervalu cos of my reward points the other week
    I'm awful

My ex-fried when staying with me in Dublin suggested we should go for a few beers in the evening. When we got to the city he made a beeline for Trintiy Collge student bar. We're both over 40. I was thrilled when we found it that it was closed.

I think thats' a better real-life example of the kind of thing I was talking about rather than the free-parking example I gave which I just made up for the sake of brevity ! Capiche ?

Oh and driving round and round the town for what feels like ages looking for a free parking spot and ending up parking in someones private driveway is no fun either.
    I understand the point you were making but I just think you're overblowing the whole thing.

Sure, that one behind you at the checkout was being a bit forward and I wouldn't have time for them points or whatever they are, but if anyone wanted mine it's no problem. It's not like it affected you in any way.

And the question about you not saying no is a valid one. You still said yes therefore you condoned her for asking in the first place.

And on the parking, the council have monopolised parking in the town beside me and it drives business away from the town. I avoid paying for parking whenever I can on principle because of this as it is pure short sightedness as always from the council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Odelay

Where's the fun ;(

I'll add a stingy story.
    I got a tefal frying pan for half price in supervalu cos of my reward points the other week
    I'm awful

Is that not "a bit wierd"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Where's the fun ;(

I'll add a stingy story.
    I'm awful

How do you live with yourself?!
    Time to remove that 'awesome' assessment in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

OMG, you're such an awful repulsive scab!

• Advertisement

Where's the fun ;(

I'll add a stingy story.
    I'm awful

Ah now we got to it at last . Your defending miserly people too. That's fine but don't pretend your doing anything else.

Your just using the same reason that everyone else is using to defend stingy miserly people.

1. there poor
    2. it's just good scene
    3. it would be wastful not to do so

etc etc on and on

They are all good sensible reasons in themselves to save money including getting your half price saucepan and I never suggested otherwise. Miserly people though use all the above as excuses to disguise their scabbiness and you know it and that is what this thread is all about !

I understand the point you were making but I just think you're overblowing the whole thing.

Sure, that one behind you at the checkout was being a bit forward and I wouldn't have time for them points or whatever they are, but if anyone wanted mine it's no problem. It's not like it affected you in any way.

And the question about you not saying no is a valid one. You still said yes therefore you condoned her for asking in the first place.

And on the parking, the council have monopolised parking in the town beside me and it drives business away from the town. I avoid paying for parking whenever I can on principle because of this as it is pure short sightedness as always from the council.

I'm sorry but this response is just out and out defending the miser and doesn't warrant a response since you clearly have a one track mind on the issue which is exactly the mentality of a miserly person.

Edit: I see that most respondents are not getting the point about the clubcard points. It's wasn't that I carded less about her having my points it was that she though the point from the 2 items I had would be so valuable to her that she would be prepared to ask me for them. So saying yes or no to her has noting to do with the tale!

I'm sorry but this response is just out and out defending the miser and doesn't warrant a response since you clearly have a one track mind on the issue which is exactly the mentality of a miserly person.
    Lol what a cop out.

You only need to look back on the last two pages to see one clear poster with a one track mind, and it's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

One time my friend was driving from Santry to Citywest, main route is to go along the M50 but instead he went through the city centre and came out at the N7, all to avoid the M50 toll. Took him an extra 30 mins due to traffic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

After taking some cocaine, my pal used to blow his nose into his hands and eat the snots as not to waste any coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Can we get back to the stinge and less of the defensive arguing, its getting very old and ruining an enjoyable thread.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

In England, a relatively wealthy former colleague of mine used to order tea in Starbucks then squeeze out the teabag and put it into a little plastic bag she kept in her handbag.

She'd also take our teabags if we were finished with them!!

When they were completely spent, she's bring them home and use them as compost.

She'd then make a few more cups of tea out of it later on.

She also brought her own biscuits everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,796 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

ComfortKid wrote: »
    After taking some cocaine, my pal used to blow his nose into his hands and eat the snots as not to waste any coke

That surely takes some sort of prize - or it would, if he asked a fellow coke-head to blow his nose and ate the other's snots.
    Now THAT would be scabby.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

SpaceTime wrote: »
    In England, a relatively wealthy former colleague of mine used to order tea in Starbucks then squeeze out the teabag and put it into a little plastic bag she kept in her handbag.

She'd also take our teabags if we were finished with them!!

When they were completely spent, she's bring them home and use them as compost.

She'd then make a few more cups of tea out of it later on.

She also brought her own biscuits everywhere.

I hope you got the order of the two middle points wrong. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I hope you got the order of the two middle points wrong. :eek:

I hope so too. The tea didn't taste great!

Advertisement