Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭catsbanter

I freeze my sperm and use it as salt. Is that stingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭One More Toy

catsbanter wrote: »
    I freeze my sperm and use it as salt. Is that stingy?

I prefer cumin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :pac: pretty good but... I normally just ask the store to dispose of my old runners. Did this in Schuh also.
    I asked that and even said I'd pay a disposal fee but the manager said they weren't allowed shoes in their rubbish so I had to take them with me. To be honest, I think it's fair enough. If they were to take every dirty old pair off people, their rubbish bills would be massive. It's all business at the end of the day. I'm curious though how you can do this?

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I asked that and even said I'd pay a disposal fee but the manager said they weren't allowed shoes in their rubbish so I had to take them with me. To be honest, I think it's fair enough. If they were to take every dirty old pair off people, their rubbish bills would be massive. It's all business at the end of the day. I'm curious though how you can do this?

Put them in a new shuh bag and leave it on your bike while you do the shopping, obviously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Paddy Cow wrote:

Jesus, you must have been wearing some really bad shoes if you were trying to pay to get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Jesus, you must have been wearing some really bad shoes if you were trying to pay to get rid of them.
    In fairness, they were pretty manky. I wouldn't even take them home for my puppies to play with and they love playing with anything associated with smelly feet :o

In fairness, they were pretty manky. I wouldn't even take them home for my puppies to play with and they love playing with anything associated with smelly feet :o

You should have sold them to perverts on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Similar to the sambo nicking story...

Was in the self service restaurant in Arnotts years ago and bought myself a coffee and a Kit Kat
    The place was packed so eventually got a seat beside some woman in her 40s
    Was quietly reading my paper,drinking coffee and eating my Kit Kat ...
    Then suddenly your woman stands up and says "You know what..you can fcuking have it..i didn't want it anyway ye little bollix "and walks away ..
    I thought she was a lunatic and just looked at her in total shock...
    Twenty minutes later I'm heading up Henry St and put my hand in my pocket...Whats in it? ..Yes a ****ing Kit Kat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Reminds me of the fact that Dublin Bus don't have bins on their buses. Likely to avoid the disposal costs.

Doesn't stop people throwing **** on the floor though...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

freezing bread is far from stingy

how many people would be able for a loaf on their own, in the 3/4 days that the loaf lasts ? I freeze more than half the loaf, and then when I need more bread I just take it out the day before, or defrost it in the microwave/toaster if I needed a lot of bread

I wish I could do the same with the tub of Ben & Jerrys once I open it :( now that HAS TO go all in one go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Reminds me of the fact that Dublin Bus don't have bins on their buses. Likely to avoid the disposal costs.

Doesn't stop people throwing **** on the floor though...
    No, you are right, it doesn't.

But you know what would? A f***ing bin! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

A regular in my local is well known as a bit of a tightwad. Most people are wise to him & stay well clear of issues regarding money with him.

One other unsuspecting newcomer, who we'll call Joe because that's his name, wasn't so lucky. He's just back from his holidays. When he was heading off, the tightwad asked him could he get him some cigars. Joe said he would.

The day before he was due to come home, Joe rings the pub & asks to speak to the tightwad. He informs him the cigars will be €27. "That's no bother, I'll see you when you get home"

The following evening in comes Joe, cigar box under his arm, and presents them to Tightwad. He whips out the wallet.

The whole bar waited with bated breath to see what was coming next.

"Joe, would you be happy with €20 for them?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm probably more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

arayess wrote: »
    i have netflix that i pay for.

My son spends some time in his mam's and will watch my netflix account while there and this is fine.

Found out the other day her fella was watching my netflix. My son was staying with me so it defo wasn't him but on his device in her house.
    Stingy fcuker, full time job in a bank and all that jazz.

In the past my ex has said they werent paying for netflix when my son asked her.

riding yer ex and your netflix.....id be livid.........probably filling your profile full of crap films

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Rebellion wrote: »
    its the worst trait in a person, meanness is bloody awful, like drying tea bags and freezing bread, woeful stuff.

is freezing bread stinge?? i just never eat enough toasties in 2 days to finish the loaf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

riding yer ex and your netflix.....id be livid.........probably filling your profile full of crap films

he is welcome to her :pac:
    but you're right on the netflix!

How is freezing bread considered stingy? You buy your weekly shopping every Friday, your bread wont be very nice by the following Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

A regular in my local is well known as a bit of a tightwad. Most people are wise to him & stay well clear of issues regarding money with him.

One other unsuspecting newcomer, who we'll call Joe because that's his name, wasn't so lucky. He's just back from his holidays. When he was heading off, the tightwad asked him could he get him some cigars. Joe said he would.

The day before he was due to come home, Joe rings the pub & asks to speak to the tightwad. He informs him the cigars will be €27. "That's no bother, I'll see you when you get home"

The following evening in comes Joe, cigar box under his arm, and presents them to Tightwad. He whips out the wallet.

The whole bar waited with bated breath to see what was coming next.

"Joe, would you be happy with €20 for them?" :D

did he take the 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

ComfortKid wrote: »
    How is freezing bread considered stingy? You buy your weekly shopping every Friday, your bread wont be very nice by the following Thursday.

thats not stingy its partical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

STFU about freezing bread goddamnit, it's the same cycle of this every few pages :mad:

Cormac... wrote:
    STFU about freezing bread goddamnit, it's the same cycle of this every few pages

Do you freeze your bread, Cormac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Rebellion wrote: »
    i worked with a guy who was burning used engine oil until he was caught, sometimes meanness comes back to bite

You do know you can get waste oil burners, designed to burn used engine oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

pablo128 wrote: »
    You do know you can get waste oil burners, designed to burn used engine oil?

illegal without a licence

Up to €3000 fine or 12 months inprisonment

http://southernwasteregion.ie/sites/default/files/EPA%20Oil%20Waste%20Advert%20A3A.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Jaysus.

I have a few pairs of shoes and boots etc up for sale on Adverts, worn but in good condition. Clearly marked collection only, no postage.

Someone has asked for a pair that I've marked €2 and another pair marked €3. What's the best price I can offer her for both, including postage.

If someone asked to collect them for free, I'd go for it just to get rid of them. But like feck am I going to all the effort to parcel them up and bring them to the post office and sort out transferring money etc, for the sake of less than a fiver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

gctest50 wrote: »
    illegal without a licence

Up to €3000 fine or 12 months inprisonment

http://southernwasteregion.ie/sites/default/files/EPA%20Oil%20Waste%20Advert%20A3A.pdf

Why don't you go back to that site and link to where you would apply for a licence. Just to point out, they sell on the waste oil they collect.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Sitting in a cafe yesterday, shortly before closing time, this fiftysomething man (dressed like a 70s Open University professor), proceeds to walk around, hoisting up all the seat and sofa cushions in case he might find a coin which had slipped from someone's pocket.

I looked on, aghast - and he did all this without a hint of shame, while the staff were tidying up and beginning to mop the floor.

If I had been the manager witnessing this, he'd have been slung out on his ragged-trousered arse.

An absolute tramp with no self-respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Sitting in a cafe yesterday, shortly before closing time, this fiftysomething man (dressed like a 70s Open University professor), proceeds to walk around, hoisting up all the seat and sofa cushions in case he might find a coin which had slipped from someone's pocket.

I looked on, aghast - and he did all this without a hint of shame, while the staff were tidying up and beginning to mop the floor.

If I had been the manager witnessing this, he'd have been slung out on his ragged-trousered arse.

An absolute tramp with no self-respect.

Are you sure he didn't lose something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Could have been homeless maybe? Buy him a cup of tea next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

rawn wrote: »
    Are you sure he didn't lose something?

Definitely not. I've seen him in there before and he just smiled - far too smugly, I might add - when he clocked me looking at him. Fcuking dosser.

Advertisement