Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Katgurl wrote: »
    Am I reading this right? You're a pregnant girl and he doesn't drop you to your door after midnight?

He will only give me a lift as far as the point where the road to my house veers off from his route, which is right outside a pub at anytime between 12:30am and 2am. I've never taken a lift off him for that reason, but he's made it clear that that's the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Katgurl wrote: »
    Am I reading this right? You're a pregnant girl and he doesn't drop you to your door after midnight?

Yeah, that's how I read it. It's a dickish thing to do, but is it possible he doesn't want to do additional driving (over and above what he has to do to get to & from work) in an uninsured car, than outright stinginess? If he's doing night time driving and it's near a pub, the odds are good he'll run into a drink driving check point sooner or later. He could then get nailed for not having insurance. If he is not insuring his car out of pure stinginess, that's another thing entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

rawn wrote: »
    He will only give me a lift as far as the point where the road to my house veers off from his route, which is right outside a pub at anytime between 12:30am and 2am. I've never taken a lift off him for that reason, but he's made it clear that that's the deal.

Hes not being stingy,its an uninsured car.You and your unborn shouldnt get in it.

As a side note,he doesnt owe you a lift.Down to you to get yourself to work and back.Being pregnant and a girl doesnt mean anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

dubstarr wrote: »
    Hes not being stingy,its an uninsured car.You and your unborn shouldnt get in it.

As a side note,he doesnt owe you a lift.Down to you to get yourself to work and back.Being pregnant and a girl doesnt mean anything.

You haven't read her previous posts on the subject. He's a stingy wh0re!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100565464

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Report him. That will soften his cough fairly quick.

Uninsured drivers should not be tolerated in any circumstance.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    You haven't read her previous posts on the subject. He's a stingy wh0re!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100565464

I have read it but in this case hes not being stingy.

dubstarr wrote:

Of course he doesn't owe me a lift. But considering my dad has often dropped him home you would think that the maybe 5 times a year I'm stuck for a lift and he's driving that he could drop me home if i need it. It's 10 minutes on top of his journey and there had never been a night where we have been stopped at a checkpoint EXCEPT on the roads beside our job, so that's a risk he takes when he drives in anyways.

dubstarr wrote:

Of course he doesn't owe me a lift. But considering my dad has often dropped him home you would think that the maybe 5 times a year I'm stuck for a lift and he's driving that he could drop me home if i need it. It's 10 minutes on top of his journey and there had never been a night where we have been stopped at a checkpoint EXCEPT on the roads beside our job, so that's a risk he takes when he drives in anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

This is about being stingy, not what someone is owed! I'm sure all stingy people don't feel like they owe anyone anything :D.

TBH the two of them should probably just split a cab the couple of days they don't have the lift. This guy has no excuse for driving uninsured. But he'd probably try and get OP to pay for the two of them since she's carrying another person :D.

Then get your dad to stop giving him a lift home.Hes under no obligation to give you a lift.He is still not stingy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If I make two cups of tea, I will squeeze both tea bags in both cups.

dubstarr wrote:
    Then get your dad to stop giving him a lift home.Hes under no obligation to give you a lift.He is still not stingy.

My dad has stopped. I don't get how he's not stingey in the situation but sure, this is boards, there's always one to agree with the stinge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,093 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have just changed the oil in my car's gearbox. Anyone know how I can clean the old oil up a bit so i can use it for next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You must have stumbled into the wrong tread. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

At least you have a teabag per cup. It's the ****ers who'll use one teabag across two cups you need to be wary of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

My dad has stopped. I don't get how he's not stingey in the situation but sure, this is boards, there's always one to agree with the stinge :)

Because he is not making any perceived financial gain from his behaviour of not dropping you all the way home, which is what this thread is all about. (If its only an additional 5 minute drive, he can hardly be all that worried about the cost of petrol.) He sounds like one of lifes supreme dick heads, who cares about nothing but himself, but I'm not getting any particular flavour of stinge off his behaviour towards you, other than he's just an asshole in general. However, he is deffo being a stinge to mankind by driving an uninsured car & he is deffo a stinge towards your work colleague, by not offering him any petrol money.

Eh im not agreeing with the stinge,just disagreeing with you rawn.I still dont understand all the moaning about not getting a lift.HES UNINSURED.Surely you and your unborn child dont want to get in to a car with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭wally79

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Because he is not making any perceived financial gain from his behaviour of not dropping you all the way home, which is what this thread is all about. (If its only an additional 5 minute drive, he can hardly be all that worried about the cost of petrol.) He sounds like one of lifes supreme dick heads, who cares about nothing but himself, but I'm not getting any particular flavour of stinge off his behaviour towards you, other than he's just an asshole in general. However, he is deffo being a stinge to mankind by driving an uninsured car & he is deffo a stinge towards your work colleague, by not offering him any petrol money.

OP said earlier

"He's been uninsured (or possibly "uninsured") for years. His excuse is that there might be a checkpoint near my house"

So his stinginess on insurance is the reason he won't drop her home

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

The checkpoint excuse is bs. There could be a checkpoint anywhere so don't risk driving if you're that worried about it. He's either too stingey to pay the extra petrol money or is just mean and doesn't want to have the extra few minutes on his journey by bringing her home. I'd consider that very stingey when her brother and her dad have driven him to his door on many occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's embarrassing that you have to defend yourself when it is clear from your original post that this guy is a stingy p!ss taker.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Did you not read her original post on this? Usually it's her brother who picks them both up outside their houses and drops them off at home and the guy is making a financial gain seeing as how he has never contributed to petrol. The few times her brother hasn't been available, this guy will not go out of his way at all. He's not just a dickhead, he's a stingy b@stard who is more than willing to take free lifts nearly every day but won't drop someone to their door because it is a few minutes out of their way.

Considering the amount of free lifts he got from her family, yes, he does owe her a lift. That's like saying that someone who is last in the round doesn't owe everyone else a drink. Legally he owes her nothing but morally and socially the least he could do is drop her home.

I agree though that she shouldn't get in a car with an uninsured driver but I bet even if he was insured he would pull the same stunt. For all we know he could be lying and pretending he doesn't have insurance as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ismiseX

A girl I lived with always used to turn everything off at the plugs eg kettle, toaster etc to save electricity. Very annoying when you'd stick on the kettle and come back to find it hadnt boiled at all.

She had every cent counted as to what she was owed, no rounding down at all. She even text me after I moved out to ask for 5.50 for some bill that had come in.

The worst was the big rant she went on though about being asked to contribute 15 Euro for a collection for a colleague. This poor woman was pregnant with a baby that had fatal foetal abnormality and only lived for a short while after birth. This girl went on and on about how it was unfair to be asked to contribute so much and how she didnt think it was right that the bereaved woman would be entitled to her full maternity leave. I was disgusted.

This same girl has thousands and thousands saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ismiseX wrote: »
    This same girl has thousands and thousands saved.

Yeah but she's a miserable fúck who will in all likelihood never find happiness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cnocbui wrote: »
    I have just changed the oil in my car's gearbox. Anyone know how I can clean the old oil up a bit so i can use it for next time?
    :rolleyes:

Just pour it into your fuel tank. Be grand. Filter is bound to catch all the metal shavings. Any problems just blame it on dirty petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭893bet

:rolleyes:

Just pour it into your fuel tank. Be grand. Filter is bound to catch all the metal shavings. Any problems just blame it on dirty petrol.

Dissolve sugar in it first to remove the metal. Then pour into petrol tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

Well, I take off my glasses when I'm not looking at anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Here's a few.

Know one unreal stinge bag, use to go the the local pub order a free blackcurrant only to mooch of the wifi and steal toilet paper when he went to the jacks.

Would often go to support groups as they had free tea, coffee and cake and buscuits and would ask the local shop for 'anything they don't need.'

Funniest one was he went to a support group for women with post natal depression as he heard they had free lemon cake at it; which of course he devoured and took some home too.

No this guy's nerve made him oblivious to the fact he was a man at the meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

I know a fella who on long journeys pulls in and opens his diesel filler cap, lets out the pressure and then drives on! Reckons it saves a few cent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Recently in the Vicarstown bar in Cork city and old fella at the counter was giving out stink about how the solicitors got a fortune out of the child abuse cases while he only got a" few measly couple of hundred thousand euro". After he told his story he nearly broke his neck somersaulting out of his chair to pick up a nearby 10 cent coin under a table of which he spotted with thermal vision. The underneath of the table was pitch black!

Advertisement