Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer wont pay

Options
  • 29-01-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello people
    i started a job last thursday on a trial that ended on friday because the employer was very happy with my work. He is a strict fellow but we got along great because i did as i was asked (catering, which i have always done). on monday he was in a foul mood all day but i just kept my head down and got on with my work which was complimented on by customers and all was well. on tuesday he was in a worse mood and really was on my case all day calling me a bulls***er and that my food was bad. (I didnt change a thing from the food that was complimented). we had a meeting at a table in the cafe and he was very aggressive and intimidating on front of customers and staff and i felt fairly threatened.
    he informed me that i might not have a job that afternoon if he didnt like the look of me and continued the aggression and intimidation up to the time i left. I also noticed that my job was put up on a job site while i was still in work. That was yesterday.
    I was a nervous wreck and discussed it with my family and we agreed that i dont go in today but call him to explain that i shuouldnt have to accept that form of intimidation and bullying
    I called him this morning to try talk over things but he was aggressive on the phone so i asked that any money i am owed for the 4 days be paid and that i have my bank details to hand for him to take. he told me to fu** off and slammed down the phone.
    I dont know if i am entitled to the dole and have no idea how i can pursue him for the money

any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i know its 4 days money but this bloke sounds a right A...hole, cant understand why he took the aggressive attitude with you, when you thought you were doing OK ,he might have is own reason besides your food prep, just walk away and think you had a lucky escape, god help for next person. as for the money cant see him doing a turn around , just concentrate on looking for your next job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Go into Citizens Information and ask them to help you get them money. Sometimes they have effective ways of talking to employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

There's nothing that i can see in your post that suggests that you won't get the dole. You had a trail and it didn't work out just tell them that

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

Tell SW that you had a trial but it didn't work out, then chase him for the money he owes. Dishing out abuse in public is NOT ON!! That's bullying.

Advertisement