Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge: ceisteanna faoi phrós & filíocht

Options
  • 29-01-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I've a few questions about the JC Irish prose and poetry aspect of the curriculum which hopefully somebody could answer. I realise both total 30 marks (15 for prose; 15 for poetry) of Páipéar II's 90 available marks.

1) Is it only Higher Level students who answer questions on prose and poetry?

2) How many prose stories are there in total, and what are their names? Is An t-Ádh prose, or just a short film which is included under 'Prose' (I've never seen a written story version.)

3) How many prose stories is the minimum one could get away with studying? Which of those would you specifically recommend to study?

4) How many poems are there in total, and what are their names?

5) What is the minimum number of poems which somebody could get away with studying? What poems would you recommend to study?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

1) I think so

2) Theres a film and the actual story. Im not sure but i presume theres loads more

3) You only need to know 1. I recommend an-tadh . Most people just learn off 1 a4 page answer and just insert whatever theme comes up in the jc in the first sentence.

4) Subh milis, teilfis are the ones i know, check your irish book

5) 1 subh milis (it works with most themes or emotions)

I suppose if you really didn't want to u don't actually have to read the pros or poem just know an answer.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭GaelMise

This is all of whats wrong withe the education system. :(

Advertisement