Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Molten Cake

Options
  • 30-01-2014 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Not sure if the above is the normal name for it, but cooking dinner on Friday and wondering if I can make this type of cake which will be cooked in a ramekin (I'm sure you all know the type, soft and running in the centre, but cooked on the outside, and if anyone has a good recipe please feel free) a day ahead of time so I'm fairly free to actually talk on the night?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think it's usually called chocolate fondants, only made them once using Rachel Allen's recipe and they were gorgeous. Here's the recipe with extended commentary! I like the suggestion of freezing them for a bit before baking, should ensure a nice gooey centre (haven't tried it but makes sense!)
    http://vipantrywedonthaveablogblog.blogspot.ie/2010/08/chocolate-fondant-triumph-or-tragedy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

dee_mc wrote: »
    I think it's usually called chocolate fondants, only made them once using Rachel Allen's recipe and they were gorgeous. Here's the recipe with extended commentary! I like the suggestion of freezing them for a bit before baking, should ensure a nice gooey centre (haven't tried it but makes sense!)
    http://vipantrywedonthaveablogblog.blogspot.ie/2010/08/chocolate-fondant-triumph-or-tragedy.html

Fondant is the word I was trying to think of, did them in a cooking course years ago but couldn't remember the name. Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I make Nigella's Molten Chocolate Babycakes recipe the odd time and it always turns out well. They can be kept in the fridge before baking if you want to make them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Too late now but Nigellas chocohotopots are to die for and very easy to make.

Advertisement