Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookery Classes for children

Options
  • 30-01-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I am thinking (for a while) to start my Cookery Classes for kids in Local Community Centre. My idea is that it should be more oriented on play and creativity and learning facts about ingredients, than on actual cooking. But we would do all and they will have something to bring home and be proud of the work they did.

Now, I want to ask do I need some permission of any sort for that, because I will use edible material...? Do I have to register somewhere? Would you book class like that for your child? I have a lot more questions but lets start from this.

Any good advice or suggestions are very welcome...

Thanks
    A

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Since your questions are better suited to the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum, you're more likely to get helpful replies here.

Moved from Food & Drink

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You see several childrens cooking camps advertised during the summer in Dublin but I'm not sure how busy they are.

You'll need at least two people working with the kids. One to take them to the door of loo (but never inside) while the other remains in the room.
    You'll also need Garda clearance to work with kids and public liability insurance. Not sure about the health and safety implications but in our local community centre I know kids are not allowed in the kitchen!

Advertisement