Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is DIT really that bad?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi! I'm thinking about CAO and just wondered is the DIT campus and social life really as bad as some say? Some say its only the library and that's it and that there's no social life? I'm worried too because they have no on campus accommodation and I won't know anyone so I'll be seriously left out of the loop.. help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Hi! I'm thinking about CAO and just wondered is the DIT campus and social life really as bad as some say? Some say its only the library and that's it and that there's no social life? I'm worried too because they have no on campus accommodation and I won't know anyone so I'll be seriously left out of the loop.. help please!

There is constant events run by both the students union and the different societies in the DIT so in my opinion there is a great social atmosphere in the college... Even though it's spread around the city I always find it strange that people don't think it has a social life! Have a look at the DITSU Facebook and websites to see the kind of stuff they do and if you wanna get involved with societies too ya can have a look at their website to see if they have anything you'd be up for joining.. What you get out of college is what you put in to it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

I wouldn't listen to people who say that there is no social life :D They basically have to be boring to bits.. there are so many societies (including my Adventure Society that is starting off soon) and other events that you literally have to pick where do you want to go, because you can't be in two places at the same time, can you? ;) Social life is great, you are in middle of the city center and it's really easy to get involved with the social life in DIT. And once you do it, you will find it difficult to find some time to study lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

There is plenty to do in every college. You have to make it happen though, no one is going to hold your hand and take you along.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

Sorry to go off topic, but cannot start thread.

If you fail First Year Biology--Continuous Assessment Labs as well as written--in your first exam in January,what is the procedure? How do you repeat the C/A labs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sorry to go off topic, but cannot start thread.

If you fail First Year Biology--Continuous Assessment Labs as well as written--in your first exam in January,what is the procedure? How do you repeat the C/A labs?

You research. You type 'start thread' in the search bar. You check the FAQ section. There's an entry there on 'starting a thread'.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm worried too because they have no on campus accommodation and I won't know anyone so I'll be seriously left out of the loop.. help please!
    Don't use that as an excuse! It can sometimes be a mistake to use on-campus accommodation as a crutch. You have the opportunity to start in a new environment with lots of people your own age. Just be open to others and willing to step out of your comfort zone and you will get on well. Remember that people aren't going to pave your experience out for you, it's a two-way thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Before going to DIT I remember being scared that the social life might be a bit bare but made up for lack of social life with more time to study so at least I'd do really well in my course. So far I've failed 2 continous assessments and met a tonne of cool people in the process. My advice would be don't join more too many clubs and socs like I did. Maybe join 5 you really really like so you have enough time to not fail your course as well :P

DIT is great!

Advertisement