Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubbercurry Bank / ATM Raid

Options
  • 30-01-2014 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Jesus those guys who stole the ATM in Tubbercurry last night would have to have necks like a jockeys bol*ix to do what they did!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Jesus those guys who stole the ATM in Tubbercurry last night would have to have necks like a jockeys bol*ix to do what they did!!!!
    and brains
    Nissan vanette at least 10/11 years old and noted for it's lack of speed even when new :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I think they got rumbled or decided to leg it somewhere between Coolaney and Tubbercurry, gives a whole new meaning to a bank having a 'hole in the wall'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i'd imagine the sort that would do this would be of an organised nature and well structured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

It wasn't organised very well. They were lucky they weren't caught the night before it happened. The ATM was over half was empty as it was filled on Friday and driving a digger through a load of walls just to get to the bank wasn't very well thought out as it woke up loads of people before they got to the bank. When they abandoned the van when a local man followed them they took off on foot through fields on the Cloonacool Coolaney road. The guy who followed them was a egit for doing that, luckily for him it seemed to be done by a gang of yahoos. Also I'd imagine most ATMs have GPS build into them to track them fairly fast? Hope the Gardai catch them.

With the benefit of hindsight I might withdraw my last statement!! I now believe that some of these guys were donkeys by the way they delivered this robbery, safe and money all recovered!!! I think it was mainly due to the local residents in Tubbercurry who were up and out very early, fair play to them!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

6781 wrote: »
    The guy who followed them was a egit for doing that, luckily for him it seemed to be done by a gang of yahoos.

) whoever followed it was they were pretty brave, you don't know what kind of c*nts you're dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I heard someone say it was ******* ****** (who owns ***** **** in Tubber) that followed them, not sure how true that is, whoever it was they were pretty brave, you don't know what kind of c*nts you're dealing with.
    It wasn't him. Don't think the guys name should be made public unless he wants his story heard. Although I think it would be stupid thing to do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's just conjecture in fairness, I didn't really believe it myself, I wouldn't do the same if I was in the same situation, it's a bit risky

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I heard someone say it was ****************** that followed them, not sure how true that is, whoever it was they were pretty brave, you don't know what kind of c*nts you're dealing with.

Wouldn't it be wise not to engage in unnecessary speculation and mentioning any person involved in an online internet forum? If nothing else, I'm sure the brave person involved would not want to draw attention to themselves and face the possibility of potential retribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Wouldn't it be wise not to engage in unnecessary speculation and mentioning any person involved in an online internet forum? If nothing else, I'm sure the brave person involved would not want to draw attention to themselves and face the possibility of potential retribution.
    I agree. I think that mans name and location should never have been posted need to be deleted.
    However, it's a mods decision.

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right, just removed it there. it was pretty stupid of me to post any names.

I've just realised that the man I mentioned a few days ago doesn't live in Tubber town, which means he probably wasn't aware it was happening, it makes me feel like a bigger f*cking idiot for engaging in idle speculation.

Also it said in The Champion today they planned on bringing it to The Hungry Rock (past Coolaney) to open it, they were about halfway there when they abandoned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Anybody that has followed the news in recent years should have an idea who carried out and were involved in the attempted robbery! Only reason they didn't get away with it was the local lads the had doing the job should stick to thieving tractors and machinery

Local lads????

Supposedly fairly local

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Anybody that has followed the news in recent years should have an idea who carried out and were involved in the attempted robbery! Only reason they didn't get away with it was the local lads the had doing the job should stick to thieving tractors and machinery

Hardly takes a genius to know who these likely lads are. Ballymote residents I would assume

The plot thickens!!!!... actually when you think about it, what genius would think they could slither into a fairly large town like Tubbercurry and think nobody would hear them rumble up the street in a fecken huge digger and pull down half the bank and rob all the money, did they actually think they would get away with it?? ..in a Nissan Vanette as a get-away vehicle??

Well when you think of it, it would have been very easily done if the wernt so stupid. No full time Garda in tubber, and so many minor roads to escape on, if they actually thought about it they would have got away with it IMO

People power put a stop to it, fair play to whoever set off after them, he deserves a few pints! However I would be a bit concerned if reports were true that the bad guys were from Co. Sligo.

Advertisement