Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aertel teletext on evision

Options
  • 30-01-2014 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey eircom,

I'm an evision user, thoroughly enjoying it.  I'm delighted to have found aertel teletext on evision on RTE1 and RTE2, even if it's old-style teletext as opposed to the newer saorview or sky-style digital teletext.  As I thought there was no teletext available.  It's handy for the news headlines without turning on the laptop. 

One thing I can't figure out is how to access subpages in teletext on evision.  For example, a news story has three subpages, on saorview for example you can scroll through them using the up/down buttons.  

But on evision this doesn't work.  Is there some key on the remote that will do this or is it necessary to wait for the subpages load one by one, as in the 1980s? Have tried everything....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sandboy wrote: »
    Hey eircom,

I'm an evision user, thoroughly enjoying it.  I'm delighted to have found aertel teletext on evision on RTE1 and RTE2, even if it's old-style teletext as opposed to the newer saorview or sky-style digital teletext.  As I thought there was no teletext available.  It's handy for the news headlines without turning on the laptop. 

One thing I can't figure out is how to access subpages in teletext on evision.  For example, a news story has three subpages, on saorview for example you can scroll through them using the up/down buttons.  

But on evision this doesn't work.  Is there some key on the remote that will do this or is it necessary to wait for the subpages load one by one, as in the 1980s? Have tried everything....

Hi sandboy

I have not come across this before and I don’t not have an answer right now but I will certainly have this looked in to and hopefully get back to you soon.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement