Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Jobs in Ireland

• 30-01-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I'm looking for a summer job in the midlands. What kind of jobs would be available for a 14 year old? Very good at using computers etc.-any job that needs that in particular? I'm okay with minimum wage!

Thank in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

you need to be 16 in Ireland too legally work
    you'd have better luck putting your cv in your local shops or ask family members if they know anyone

but at your age your too young, you'd have too be paid cash in hand also since your so young

but good man yourself to even try looking at your age as most people your age wouldn't even think of working until at least 16 haha

best of luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cohaolain

The minimum age is 14 according to Irish law. At which you are entitled to a payslip etc. Any ideas as to getting a job at my age?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Superdedupity

If you can cut grass, I'd go door to door at that. Sorry to say it but there's too many people, with degrees and years of experience grasping for some job any job.

Fair play for trying; at 14 I had a Summer job serving petrol (you won't remember people doing that;))

Honestly, you're best chance, is through family, or try setting up a bit of local gardening / grass cutting / tidy up. Good luck:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

cohaolain wrote: »
    The minimum age is 14 according to Irish law. At which you are entitled to a payslip etc. Any ideas as to getting a job at my age?

True but retail companys don't higher until at least 16 (which is the areas you'd have a better chance in as they employ some people with no experience)
    it states it in any contract you sign, also states it regarding too the amount of work hours you can get and how long a break you can great.

best bet is do what the poster above me said to do

cut grass, wash cars(although we get enough rain for that!!) wash windows even

I know someone whos 39years old and makes a living going around my area cutting grass and washing windows, he has his routine with the locals :) so maybe you could start that

or get a job in a local shop even
    its all about who you know now
    and its great that you want to try and find a job at 14
    sadly their are very little jobs for people with no experience, and most places probably wouldn't higher you because of your age, even though I'd rather of worked from the age of 14 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cohaolain

Thanks for all the posts and I'll keep your advice in mind. Didn't expect many replies :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mariusstanley

Christmas trees need budding
    small scale harvesting like local strawberries
    some volunteering work can offer a little cash on teh side, even workawayers
    see what the foreign travel see by searching some international sites wikitraveljobs
    check the local jobboards see if you can identify local employers
    pin a cv up on the window of the shop, make it look good thou!!

Advertisement