Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast hotels

Options
  • 30-01-2014 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi folks thinking about taking a trip up north for the first time ever. Can anyone recommend hotels and restaurants in the city center and maybe some activities to do there . Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Hi folks thinking about taking a trip up north for the first time ever. Can anyone recommend hotels and restaurants in the city center and maybe some activities to do there . Thanks in advance

Hi there thatsmyboy,

I've moved your thread from our Travel Things to do In forum over into the Belfast forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

A nice cocktail at the Merchant hotel. It's really lovely. Pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

A slow comfy screw is well worth paying the extra few quid for lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Are you looking for cheap and convenient or a bit of decadence?

About €100 a night jigsaw. It does not have to be bed and breakfast ,so I will leave that with you ta
    I would like it city center ish though please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Malmaison is close to the city centre, or there's a few Ibis hotels nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Do you need parking? If so that will limit your choices considerably OP.

Oh yea I will need parking .

Any updates guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Ibis behind Queens should do the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Park Inn is very central and there's a multi-story car park within five minutes walk. Breakfast is great too :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

any pimp hotels around the area with parking that youd recommend?

Are you trying to be funny. I asked a serious question . Why don't you troll somewhere else

Stay on topic please

Perhaps sc86 could clarify what kind of hotel (s)he is looking for.

As always if you have an issue with a post, please use the report post function.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Avoid Jury's, I heard bad stories from a colleague who stayed there.

The last time I was there I stayed in the Holiday Inn, preferred it over the Europa which looked a bit dated. I think you have to pay for parking nearby as they don't have onsite parking but they have a leisure centre onsite and the breakfast was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

We stayed in jurys no problem it was lovely no parking U have to park in car park around the corner. I also stayed in ten square the night before my wedding..i got married in Belfast city hall. You should visit the titanic museum its really interesting. Also id recommend doing the bus tour you can hop on and off as much as you like and get to visit as many and as few as you want. It also gives you the history of the city which is great... Enjoy your trip...i love Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mazdaroy

Tara lodge is just outside the city centre near the university. With on street parking. Not expensive and very comfortable. Its on the golden mile so lots of eating and drinking places nearby

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Are you trying to be funny. I asked a serious question . Why don't you troll somewhere else

its a serious question
    dont see how theres a problem:confused:

pow wow wrote: »
    Stay on topic please

Perhaps sc86 could clarify what kind of hotel (s)he is looking for.

As always if you have an issue with a post, please use the report post function.

i am looking for top of the range 5 star hotel in the belfast city area
    its related to the topic so dont see what the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

sc86 wrote: »
    any pimp hotels around the area with parking that youd recommend?

It's an unusual turn of phrase, so if it's a serious question I can see how it could be misread..

We stayed at Benedict's Hotel. It was ok, there's a club there so it was a bit loud at night. Otherwise it was nice enough. There's a public car park that can be used that's only 5-10 mins walk from there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

mazdaroy wrote: »
    Tara lodge is just outside the city centre near the university. With on street parking. Not expensive and very comfortable. Its on the golden mile so lots of eating and drinking places nearby

Tara lodge is not on the golden mile, it's on I think Cromwell Road of botanic av, it's a bit cheep and nasty and in a student/immigrant area, nice hotels would be malmasion as mentioned, the europa is still very nice and in a great location, also you can say you stayed at the most bombed hotel in the world!!! A new budget hotel called etap on the Dublin road right beside filthy mcnastys would be clean, cheap and in a good location!! And the most "pimp" would be the merchant hotel, unless you want to stay about 8 miles out of town at the culloden at Holywood.

sc86 wrote: »
    i am looking for top of the range 5 star hotel in the belfast city area
    its related to the topic so dont see what the fuss is about

There is no fuss, I asked you to clarify what you were looking for in a hotel.

Also, I was reminding any poster who has an issue with any post to use the 'report post' function
    which is one of the things forum moderators tend to do.

Anyways any one any news for me on this guys

Advertisement