Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about broadband speeds.

Options
  • 30-01-2014 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, 

I was called by Eircom on Monday and they told me that eFibre is now available in my area. I took them up on their offer this morning but I still have a quick question. 

We've been with DigiWeb, Vodafone and BT in the past but we've always only got 1.2-1.6mb Download speeds regardless of how much we were paying for. We were told this was because of our line speed and that there was no way of improving it. However, we were told eFibre is using Fibre Optics to the cabinet (which is only about 250m away from my house) but obviously the line going from the cabinet to our house hasn't changed. Would you be able to tell me if I'll be getting close to the 50mb speeds I was told I would be getting on the phone, or will I still be stuck with my current speeds?

Cheers, 
    Cian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Shox2711 wrote: »
    Hi, 

I was called by Eircom on Monday and they told me that eFibre is now available in my area. I took them up on their offer this morning but I still have a quick question. 

We've been with DigiWeb, Vodafone and BT in the past but we've always only got 1.2-1.6mb Download speeds regardless of how much we were paying for. We were told this was because of our line speed and that there was no way of improving it. However, we were told eFibre is using Fibre Optics to the cabinet (which is only about 250m away from my house) but obviously the line going from the cabinet to our house hasn't changed. Would you be able to tell me if I'll be getting close to the 50mb speeds I was told I would be getting on the phone, or will I still be stuck with my current speeds?

Cheers, 
    Cian
    Hi Cian

efibre does indeed increase speeds dramatically however If you would like to PM me your landline number I'll ask the efibre team to offer me an indication of what efibre speeds your line can handle.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement