Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Keyboard (and possibly mouse)

Options
  • 30-01-2014 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I've just invested in a standing desk to save my posture after being crouched over at my laptop on a crappy table for too long. Anyway, part of the setup of a standing desk is that you generally have the screen at the correct eye level and arms at 90 degrees or whatever, which can't really be achieved if using the laptop keyboard, so you really should have a separate keyboard and possibly mouse. I say possibly mouse because I might be ok with just having one of them keyboards with a trackpad, I'm used to using my laptop track pad and it's fine for me. Also means I can't play minesweeper so am more productive :D

My laptop is the Dell L502x and this is the keyboard:
    L502X_clavier.jpg

so it's decent enough and I'd be looking for a keyboard that is decent enough quality (nothing mad expensive) and maybe a well renowned one in terms of value and high customer reviews.

I don't need a separate number pad or anything like that so I'd be after something compact enough, again, the laptop keyboard is fine for me as that's what I'm used to.

I wouldn't like to keep having to replace batteries and that but don't want wires everywhere either, so even something that was recharged via usb when necessary. Also, how do these generally connect? USB receiver/ bluetooth?

I think I remember seeing a nice Logitech one before for a reasonable price but would appreciate any recommendations here too :)

Comments

Advertisement