Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

currys pc world

Options
  • 30-01-2014 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I found it very frustrating trying to contact Currys PC World in Mahon Point for after care. I tried the 1890 and local number, all times I was directed to the UK. Having held for "under 10 minutes" each time, I had to deal with people who, said they'd send an email ... put me onto a ring out line....... and cut me off. 6 times trying to contact the Mahon Point branch. I didn't get through. Be warned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hello,
    I found it very frustrating trying to contact Currys PC World in Mahon Point for after care. I tried the 1890 and local number, all times I was directed to the UK. Having held for "under 10 minutes" each time, I had to deal with people who, said they'd send an email ... put me onto a ring out line....... and cut me off. 6 times trying to contact the Mahon Point branch. I didn't get through. Be warned.

I had the same problem. I bought a compact dishwasher and asked two people if it could be connected directly to a tap. They said it could. Naturally when I got it home it couldn't :rolleyes:. It just had an ordinary washing machine type connection. Anyhow, I couldn't get through on the phone to anyone at anytime. I tried the email on the Currys site and suprisingly I got a reply with a few hours (albeit from the UK). The guy acknowledged my complaint and I said I would see if I could buy a third party attachment. The rep said he would refund me the price if I could locate something suitable. In the end a garden hose attachment did the trick :). I didn't bother with the refund as the cost was minimal but I was pleasantly surprised by the communication via email.
    Having said all that, you are right in the phone number being practically useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Useless in the shop as well, despite being reassured and to sit and wait for an assistant a number of times, no-one came to help.

After 3/4 of an hour faffing about I had enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Useless in the shop as well, despite being reassured and to sit and wait for an assistant a number of times, no-one came to help.

After 3/4 of an hour faffing about I had enough!

Actually yeah, that is annoying. I went in and there was a staff member standing there doing nothing. When I asked a question I was met with 'sorry, that's not my section. You'll have to wait for [name]'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

I rang them last sunday about a faulty tablet that was out of its 12 month warranty but still inside the 36month insurance i bought as an extra. They told me bring it to the shop and it would be fixed or replaced and returned in 10working days. My wife brought it back on tuesday to be told it would be 15 working days!!
    The thing that annoys me the most is that if i had smashed it into pieces or submerged it in water for an hour so it was beyond repair, i would probably have been given a new one under the terms of the insurance policy i took out on it.
    More fool me i think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I am going to close this folks sorry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement