Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long dress

• 30-01-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Have a formal function and I need a long dress on the cheap! Any ideas where to go? . So far I'm thinking to maxx and debenhams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Debenhams have a great selection at the moment, I think they are stocking up on Debs gear. The sale was great, but I'm not sure if it's on anymore.

Depends on your budget really.

You could always buy a long one that can be shortened after the event, just so you can get more wear out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try the Monsoon sale. TK Maxx is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Just going to hijack this thread rather than start a new one...

I've a black tie event coming up at the end of the month and need a new dress for it, preferably a long one (I don't get the chance to wear formal evening dresses that often, so may as well do so when I get the chance!).

Besides TKMaxx, Debenhams, Coast and Monsoon, is there anywhere else I could try? I'm willing to spend a bit on a nice 'investment' classic dress to have for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If you're looking at the E200 to E500 price range House of Fraser has some great stuff, Adriana Papell and Biba and Phase 8 in particular do gorgeous dresses

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Biba, have seen some beautiful dresses there. If only I had somewhere to go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement